Used 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Dream Car come true...
By lemuria81

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 v6 Mustang coupe due to the many refinements and was very happy with it, but I had bought the base model and was wanting a convertible. There was enough refinements in looks and performance, as well as features that got me to trade in my 2011 for a 2013. This is the first time I have ever owned a convertible so it is a new experience for me. I think everyone should own a convertible at least once in their life! I got the premium auto with pony package, all leather and sync. The drive is much better than the 2011 and the looks are more masculine on the 2013 than the 2011. Even with the V6, there is enough power to do what you want!

Favorite Features

Convertible opens up the world for me. I love having access to the stars and feeling the wind as I drive. I love having an open environment. The center gauge is brilliant. So many choices and displays of information, all controlled by scroll buttons on the steering wheel. Sync is awesome! In my 2011 I put a touch screen navigation in it. In this 2013, with voice activated sync, I enjoy more of the road and I am more aware of my surroundings, which is what you should do when driving a performance car. Leather is nice, stereo sounds great, and the backup warning is helpful. The front of the 2013 is a previous year's Shelby look. Thank you Ford! Car designed so beautiful!

Suggested Improvements

The number one thing Ford can do is to add a digital speedometer for the center gauge. Nothing like going in a school zone and you think you're doing 20 when you're actually doing 21 and you have a cop that wants to pull you over because of that. I know that this is probably rare, but it can happen! Second, I think it would be nice that as a standard feature, side mirrors are heated. Also, it would be great if the technology package could be added at any time. The factory does things to prevent an easy install so dealers do not want to mess with it. Such a shame, because later on, I may want to pay the $2,300 for the upgrade!

Great Car-Great Price
By dwisor

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've been driving my Mustang for about six months now, and I have yet to be disappointed. The V-6 engine really has a suprising amount of punch and I simply love the way the Sync system works. The mileage has been as promised, and no warranty issues that need to be fixed. I think a review has a better impact if it has some criticism, but I really don't have anything to criticize. I especially like the entire lighting package-bright exterior, customizable interior. If you are thinking about buying a Mustang-drive it at night-it's an entirely different experience.

Favorite Features

Ford Sync-I can do just about anything with the stereo or my phone without taking my hands off the wheel. Lighting-I love the MyColor feature-it allows me to pick thousands of combinations of colors. I also like the pony shaped puddle lights that shine on the pavement. I also like just how bright the headlights shine.

Suggested Improvements

This is not a complaint at all, but it would be nice to have the Sync do even more with the phone-such as type and send text messages.