Used 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Went from a BMW to this, and thus far very satisfied!
By yankeejb1

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After previously having a total of 9 Camaros and Firebirds, I finally "defected" from GM to Ford and bought this Mustang, and I gotta tell you it's pretty awesome! And after coming straight from a problem-plagued technological-overkill-on-wheels BMW 335i, this car is quite a breath of fresh air by comparison. Sure it's a bit cruder in some spots, but at the end of the day there's nothing like an all-American convertible icon with a honking V8 engine and retro style and attitude that this car has in spades.

Power, of course, is outstanding, although the tranny is a bit slow to react at times (placing it in Sport mode takes care of that). The deep V8 exhaust burble is worth the price of admission alone. Great value for the money and I really dig the 2013 model's styling upgrades compared to the 2010-12 model, especially the gloss-black rear tail panel. Gas mileage isn't unreasonable considering the performance. Things like the colorful and clever performance-measuring features (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc) are a nice touch.

Some of the interior bits definitely show signs of cost-cutting - the console/arm rest is almost rock-hard, but you also gotta remember this is a Mustang and not a Mercedes. A supplemental digital speedometer would be nice, especially since the analog speedo's retro-styled numerals are so scrunched together and can be a pain to read at a quick glance. A lane-change feature on the turn signal would also be nice. And the price gets steep pretty quick once you start adding options.

2013 GT Premium Convertible Fun to drive
By taki12

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

V8 Engine smooth and fast, Car looks great but when I hand wash or it rains water gets in door sills, trunk wells, hood, leaks out of plastic around fog lights, and rear lights, front and rear bumper crevices. After 50 years you'd think Ford would have learned how to build this car tighter. At a Sticker Price with tax of over $50,000 they need

420hp V8, My color, 4.2" LCD display gauge mode and track apps. Mustang pony projection lamp is a real crowd pleaser. 19" aluminum wheels with black painted windows. Red steering wheel & red seats. Sport Mode and Over all look of car. Pedal covers, Aluminum instrument panel.

Tighter tolerances to stop water leaking into trunk well, hood, door sides & sills, rear taillights, front fog lights. etc. Convertible top needs to be one touch up & down. Top needs to open and close in 15 to 20 sec. Top needs another layer of insulation for quieter interior ride. Top needs auto boot cover, not the pain in the butt to install soft boot cover. Passenger side should have rear window up down button. Telescoping steering wheel is needed. Built in windscreen & roll bar also needed.

Amazed
By phreaks115

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got my 2013 GT Premium Convertible and have been surprised at how much I really like it. I have never really been a fan of the newer (1980 forward) Mustang designs until I saw this one. The new front and rear design is great. The car turns and handles well, even with the solid rear axle; but not as well as the Mazda MX-5 which I upgraded from. The 5.0 V-8 is powerful and responsive with the 6 speed manual and when you stomp on the pedal, it always brings a smile. The upgraded Brembo brakes help a bunch and although you can feel that the car is heavy, it still is a load of fun to drive. Plus the car turns a lot of heads

My car came loaded with the Brembo Break package w/19" painted alum wheels, Comfort Package, Electronics package including navigation, backup camera w/park assist and backup sensors and the Shaker Pro audio system. The SYNC App link is a great feature as well. All of these features make you feel like you are in a luxury car. Then you turn on the car and just listen to the growl of the motor. Some great design cues to the throwback 60's style Mustangs.

A little too much plastic on the interior door panels. An independent rear suspension would really improve the handling of the car.

My Mustang
By loncray

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Mustang for a week, and I love it. It has fantastic giddyup, pretty good mileage, and it looks better than anything else on the road. The engine is swift and responsive, the SelectShift transmission is smooth, and I'm enjoying the Electronics package with Sync, Navigation and entertainment options.

The 5.0 engine is second-to-none in affordable performance. I haven't gone really fast yet, but I know I can get there instantly. The lighting system (including the pony lamps under the mirror and the MyColor interior lighting) is a toy, but a fun one. The looks are fantastic. I previously thought the '11 - '12 front end was better, but I'm loving the '13 front end now. The rear end is even better - now I know why so many people want to change out their Mustang taillights for the '13 models.

1) The passenger-side roof latch is falling apart already - it needs to be better built. 2) There are a lot of Mustangs on the road; it dilutes the 'wow look at that car' factor when there's a zillion of them to look at. 3) I find myself driving slower than I did in my pickup because the car is very, very flashy and police notice it. 4) I'm becoming addicted to the go pedal, and it's affecting my gas mileage. How will I ever drive a lesser car again? 5) I get skipping on FM radio as the HD feature gains and loses signal - I want to turn the HD off! If this is what HD Radio means, I want it gone!