Used 2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
2013 GT Premium Convertible Fun to drive
By taki12

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

V8 Engine smooth and fast, Car looks great but when I hand wash or it rains water gets in door sills, trunk wells, hood, leaks out of plastic around fog lights, and rear lights, front and rear bumper crevices. After 50 years you'd think Ford would have learned how to build this car tighter. At a Sticker Price with tax of over $50,000 they need

Favorite Features

420hp V8, My color, 4.2" LCD display gauge mode and track apps. Mustang pony projection lamp is a real crowd pleaser. 19" aluminum wheels with black painted windows. Red steering wheel & red seats. Sport Mode and Over all look of car. Pedal covers, Aluminum instrument panel.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter tolerances to stop water leaking into trunk well, hood, door sides & sills, rear taillights, front fog lights. etc. Convertible top needs to be one touch up & down. Top needs to open and close in 15 to 20 sec. Top needs another layer of insulation for quieter interior ride. Top needs auto boot cover, not the pain in the butt to install soft boot cover. Passenger side should have rear window up down button. Telescoping steering wheel is needed. Built in windscreen & roll bar also needed.

Ford won me over with the Boss 302
By drdub

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I'll be honest...Ford has been the punchline to many of my jokes for the last 20 years. But I traded my 556-HP Cadillac CTS-V for a 2013 Boss 302 and I've never been happier. This is a "driver's car". It's simple, it's fast and it has a driver-car connection that's unlike any I've ever experienced. It's balanced and nimble, has miles of grip, race-spec brakes and copious power. The note from the quad exhaust is absolutely sublime. But as hard and loud as it can be when driven in anger, it's very comfortable and quiet when highway cruising and has just enough tech to be modern (cruise, Sync, USB/Aux, Bluetooth). The Recaro/Torsen LSD option is a must-have.

Favorite Features

The massaged 5.0L V8 is a perfect match for this car...it howls in anger under throttle, but is quiet during cruising. Manually adjustable shocks offer flexibility. The short-throw shifter is a blast to operate. Easily accessible rear seats accomodate normal-sized adults comfortably. Massive trunk. Stripes are sporty without looking tacky.

Suggested Improvements

Shift gates are close together, so 2-3 upshifts sometimes get 5th and 5-6 upshifts sometimes get 4th. Recaros have good lateral support, but are relatively lacking in lumbar support. Interior materials are decent, but not great. The biggest annoyance is that every time you fold the front seats forward, they don't go back to where you left them. I don't like the look of the fog lamp deletion. Leave them in or put in a different grille without two circles.

Went from a BMW to this, and thus far very satisfied!
By yankeejb1

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After previously having a total of 9 Camaros and Firebirds, I finally "defected" from GM to Ford and bought this Mustang, and I gotta tell you it's pretty awesome! And after coming straight from a problem-plagued technological-overkill-on-wheels BMW 335i, this car is quite a breath of fresh air by comparison. Sure it's a bit cruder in some spots, but at the end of the day there's nothing like an all-American convertible icon with a honking V8 engine and retro style and attitude that this car has in spades.

Favorite Features

Power, of course, is outstanding, although the tranny is a bit slow to react at times (placing it in Sport mode takes care of that). The deep V8 exhaust burble is worth the price of admission alone. Great value for the money and I really dig the 2013 model's styling upgrades compared to the 2010-12 model, especially the gloss-black rear tail panel. Gas mileage isn't unreasonable considering the performance. Things like the colorful and clever performance-measuring features (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc) are a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the interior bits definitely show signs of cost-cutting - the console/arm rest is almost rock-hard, but you also gotta remember this is a Mustang and not a Mercedes. A supplemental digital speedometer would be nice, especially since the analog speedo's retro-styled numerals are so scrunched together and can be a pain to read at a quick glance. A lane-change feature on the turn signal would also be nice. And the price gets steep pretty quick once you start adding options.

Great Car-Great Price
By dwisor

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've been driving my Mustang for about six months now, and I have yet to be disappointed. The V-6 engine really has a suprising amount of punch and I simply love the way the Sync system works. The mileage has been as promised, and no warranty issues that need to be fixed. I think a review has a better impact if it has some criticism, but I really don't have anything to criticize. I especially like the entire lighting package-bright exterior, customizable interior. If you are thinking about buying a Mustang-drive it at night-it's an entirely different experience.

Favorite Features

Ford Sync-I can do just about anything with the stereo or my phone without taking my hands off the wheel. Lighting-I love the MyColor feature-it allows me to pick thousands of combinations of colors. I also like the pony shaped puddle lights that shine on the pavement. I also like just how bright the headlights shine.

Suggested Improvements

This is not a complaint at all, but it would be nice to have the Sync do even more with the phone-such as type and send text messages.

Dream Car come true...
By lemuria81

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 v6 Mustang coupe due to the many refinements and was very happy with it, but I had bought the base model and was wanting a convertible. There was enough refinements in looks and performance, as well as features that got me to trade in my 2011 for a 2013. This is the first time I have ever owned a convertible so it is a new experience for me. I think everyone should own a convertible at least once in their life! I got the premium auto with pony package, all leather and sync. The drive is much better than the 2011 and the looks are more masculine on the 2013 than the 2011. Even with the V6, there is enough power to do what you want!

Favorite Features

Convertible opens up the world for me. I love having access to the stars and feeling the wind as I drive. I love having an open environment. The center gauge is brilliant. So many choices and displays of information, all controlled by scroll buttons on the steering wheel. Sync is awesome! In my 2011 I put a touch screen navigation in it. In this 2013, with voice activated sync, I enjoy more of the road and I am more aware of my surroundings, which is what you should do when driving a performance car. Leather is nice, stereo sounds great, and the backup warning is helpful. The front of the 2013 is a previous year's Shelby look. Thank you Ford! Car designed so beautiful!

Suggested Improvements

The number one thing Ford can do is to add a digital speedometer for the center gauge. Nothing like going in a school zone and you think you're doing 20 when you're actually doing 21 and you have a cop that wants to pull you over because of that. I know that this is probably rare, but it can happen! Second, I think it would be nice that as a standard feature, side mirrors are heated. Also, it would be great if the technology package could be added at any time. The factory does things to prevent an easy install so dealers do not want to mess with it. Such a shame, because later on, I may want to pay the $2,300 for the upgrade!