Used 2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

What an awesome machine ...
By JScotty

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This car is all about V-8 acceleration, aggressive styling, and rough-around-the-edges American nostalgia and attitude. It's about the mechanical beauty and intoxicating exhaust note of the Coyote 5-liter V-8. It's about feeling a little bit like Steve McQueen every time you drive to work. And it's about your kids actually wanting you to drive them places. The Mustang GT is not perfect, but nothing else quite compares - it's more of a state of mind than a car.

Buy the premium package with the 401A upgrade and you have little to complain about in terms of interior appearance and materials. Still some hard plastic, but hey, this is not a BMW. My wife has one of those and the interior is nicer but you pay dearly for it.

My only complaint is as follows (who buys a car like this and then complains about gas mileage, noise, or rear seat accommodations?): The interior storage spaces are not well-designed. I can't keep my sunglasses or anything else useful in the door pockets, since as I don't have suction cups on my fingers, retrieving them is a two-handed operation involving scraped knuckles and bad language. The cup holders are horribly placed for a manual transmission car. The first month I owned the car I kept deploying the console bin lid with my elbow. These things make little sense to me in a car that's built mainly for the fun of driving. But that's really it.

2013 vs 1969
By John

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. This 6 cylinder 306 hp will out perform the big assed Mach 1. I had a racing Corvette pull out in front of me on a deserted state highway. I either locked up the brakes or pass him. I chose the latter. I passed him at 120 and was still accelerating. I looked over and his mouth was open. It was worth the risk of a major ticket. I still get around 27 to 29 MPG while having fun. It was used and I got it for $13,500. A sweet ride at any price.

V6 6speed
By Taylor

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am the second owner of my car, I got it for a fair price for a base V6. I have no bluetooth or navigation but there are buttons for them on my radio. I went to the dealership to ask if i could have the Bluetooth connect ability put in the car, they said they could put something aftermarket and have a sensor on my dash for around 400 bucks, i was not pleased with this response and needless to say I wont have that installed. Other than that there is an auxiliary hook up in the center console but no smooth way to have my phone out of the compartment attached with to the cord.

Awesome machine
By rdavidson3

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have put 24000 miles on our 2013 mustang.
It has really exceeded our expectations. The tires are barely worn. I just rotated them. It feels like it is glued to the road in turns. It is heavy and powerful a 3.7 liter that gets 21 miles to the gallon in city driving. Everything works perfectly. I dont care for the bluetooth cell phone though too wierd. but thats me. It is perfect for two people a beautiful car that turns heads. 80 feels like 60 mph 100 like 80 so you have to watch the speedometer!
I am generally pretty cynical about cars, but I would recommend this car to anyone that has a little fun money and wants to jazz up their day.

The power, the styling, the stereo, the economy,the wow factor, the fun!

the middle console where you rest your knee could be softer

Pony up for fun
By Chris Walls

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

As a past Trans AM owner I decided to come over to the Ford Mustang. The car is a kick to drive, quick and responsive thanks to the stability computers. The seats are comfortable even on long drives. The ride is a little bouncier than I would like due to the stiff suspension but it is certainly not rough. I like to play with this Pony a lot, love the feel of that 302 getting it done. The MPG avg. stays right around 22, so you have a range of about 340 miles.

The Retro look which is just stunning. The Shaker Sound System with great base and hearing the V-8 symphony. Quite when it should be and loud when it counts.

Decrease the road noise which is a bit more than I like. I realize this will add weight however I think there is some room here for making the Mustang a bit quieter.