2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Poor Build Quality On the Cosmetic Parts But Fun To Drive!
By maczs007 on 02/19/15 19:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered mine from the factory, a 2013 GT Premium with 6-speed manual transmission and extra premium interior. No problems with the engine and trans as that is the main thing Ford got right (except for the occasional missed shifts in 2nd and third). One the other hand and under warranty Ford has replaced the following due to defects: left rear tail light ( visual quality issue), speaker grill (broken at factory), rear end bearings (noisy), front bumper cover (warped), rear view mirror (vibrating) and drivers leather seat cover (premature wear on welting). You would think these things would be caught in the factory is Quality was Job #1?

The best American muscle car ever
By chrisrogers on 02/10/15 16:34 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was blown away by the performance, looks, and quality of this car. The interior components are not cheaply made and ill fitting like the Fords of the past. Everything is top quality and controls are ergonomic. This car is very fast, but also nimble and predictable in turns, unlike Mustangs of the past. I really love the aggressive look, still better looking than the ugly 2015 Models.

No competition for the price
By mustangdavey on 07/15/14 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'll start off saying I might be biased, I'm a second generation Mustang owner, and I hope this is my first of many. This car feels powerful, especially for the price. 325hp - and you can feel every pony (pun intended). Fuel economy is good, I get about 21-26 mpg highway, city can go down to 17 if it's bad. It really does not feel under powered like the V6 Challenger does. Sequential turn signals are spiffy too. The one thing to be warned about, is if you are a lead foot like me, you can get some pretty scary axle hop as the suspension isn't independent like cars twice the price. And it is cruel and unusual to put adults in the back seat.

Worst Mustang I ever owned
By jake440 on 03/21/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

13 Mustang very cheaply made have bad noise in dash bad mileage like 16 -17 highway has only 1800 miles rear back up sening unit bad power is just fair one of the worst cars I ever purchased .the does even sound good this is m,y 4th stang no more

Blast to drive
By monkeylove on 03/04/14 12:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 base model 6 spd GT in 9/12. I really haven't spent a dime on the car that wasn't a 'self inflicted' modification. I wanted a wanted a tighter firmer suspension so upgraded with the Ford Racing suspension, 3.73 gears, and wider wheels/tires. It may now be too firm for some, but it handles great. If I were to buy it again, I would have 'pony-ed up' (sorry - couldn't resist) for the track pack with the additional display. MPG? - eh, well - I didn't buy it for that. Best I've seen on hwy only is 22, I average probably 16-17. Oh - my girlfriend is 'petite' and needs a booster seat to see over the dash so if you are short you should be aware of that.

Disappointing build quality
By carcritic3 on 07/27/13 07:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Mustang & will probably be my last. The build quality has gotten worse with each successive Mustang that I've owned. This '13 is the worst. I've had the car since 01/2013 & have less than 4K miles on it as of this writing. The car has a clunk in the rear when I accelerate. There is a rattle in the front suspension when turning to the left or when going over a speed bump at low speeds. A rattle & buzz coming from somewhere in the dash & a loose molding between the roof & quarter panel. The engine & trans are the only bright spots. This car is a rattle trap & a huge disappointment. I'm considering selling it because of the poor build quality.

Simple fixes could make it better
By gam2 on 07/26/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2013 GT (6 speed manual) was purchased new. The 2-3 shift under anything over moderate acceleration sucks. I've also had several instances where second has been difficult as well. Rear axle hop noticed in certain situations. I am not hard on this car. It has also developed the well known engine tick. Will have to visit the dealer. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Other than that I like it.

2013 GT Premium Automatic
By bob_graham on 07/02/13 22:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car. Had it for 6 weeks. Went with the automatic - a little easier on the drive to work. Just a great ride - looks like the end of an era. looks awesome sitting next to our 66 5 speed coupe.

Went from a BMW to this, and thus far very satisfied!
By yankeejb1 on 06/30/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After previously having a total of 9 Camaros and Firebirds, I finally "defected" from GM to Ford and bought this Mustang, and I gotta tell you it's pretty awesome! And after coming straight from a problem-plagued technological-overkill-on-wheels BMW 335i, this car is quite a breath of fresh air by comparison. Sure it's a bit cruder in some spots, but at the end of the day there's nothing like an all-American convertible icon with a honking V8 engine and retro style and attitude that this car has in spades.

2013 Mustang GT/CS coupe
By flassh on 05/08/13 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is an outstanding value, compared to the Challenger and Camaro competion. It has way better sight lines from the drivers seat and power to weight ratio is much better. The 2013 model year upgrades and improvements are impressive compared to the 2012 model year Mustang. I know the rear suspension is considered old technology but Ford has done an outstanding job and continued to make improvements to the rear suspension technology in my opinion. This is a fun car to drive and the 5.0 engine puts down gobs of power. The car regularly with combined driving gives me 22-24 MPG and I am not driving it like a Prius owner trying to build the economy symbols on the dash that they have.