Boss 302
By z51hdtp on
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
Having owned many muscle cars over the years I did a great deal of research before deciding on the Boss. It is definitely the best bang for the buck. You can tool around in the car and it is docile as a lamb but if you want performance it is there in an instant. Achieving 20 mpg in town and 25 on the road in normal driving. Spirited driving results in 16 mpg overall. The handling is superb and the engine power is as expected. This is not for the faint of heart, the ride is somewhat choppy and stiff, there is a lot of road noise at highway speeds and it is easy to spin the tires in the first 3 gears but if you are a muscle car lover this is all just part of the fun.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, exhaust note will have you turning off the radio to listen to the exhaust burble. Very easy to drive, simple driver controls, superb handling, excellent gas mileage for this type of car. Excellent shifter and clutch engagement. Simply the best muscle car I have ever owned. That list includes Camaros, Corvettes, Impala SS and a Cadillac CTS-V.
Suggested Improvements
I can't use a key chain for my keys as the position of the key on the steering column is too low and the keys will dig into my right leg when braking. I solved that by just using the key fob in the ignition only and put my keys on a separate key ring. Floor mats are very thin and cheap - Ford could have done a better job on those. Car comes with the base stereo which is adequate but the speakers need to be of better quality - will upgrade those over time.