2012 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Can't Beat This Deal!!

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Can't Beat This Deal!!
By jr8612 on

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a new 2012 V6 with the 6 speed automatic! Wow, this thing flies! We are quite impressed with the power! Fuel economy on the highway is great for such a fun car to drive, but city shows the "sports car"! This Stang turns on a dime and handles extremely well! LOVE the automatic up/down driver AND passenger windows! Anyone that calls this V6 a "mustake" can eat it! Any V6 Mustang that can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is a sports car, and definitely a MUSTANG! Especially when achieving 31 mpg on the highway. Ford did a great job with this Mustang! Have had and still have many in the family and this is by far the best! Only complaint for us is OUR FAULT! We got a black one, ALWAYS DIRTY!

Favorite Features

New 3.7L V6 pushing 305 HP, but 31 mpg hwy, auto up/down drivers and passenger windows, 6 speed automatic, 17" rims, GT Hood, Dual Exhaust, Spoiler, Stability and Traction control

Suggested Improvements

Make car LOUDER! Even the V6 deserves repect, make that exhaust rumble and it'll fit the performance!
By jbh6666
on 02/02/12 11:10 AM (PST)

I just purchased a 2012 V6 Mustang automatic, base model with sport appearance package. I am extremely pleased with this car. It has the 17 inch wheels with Michelin tires that give it a great ride. Not quite as crisp of handling as I would prefer- I will probably upgrade to 18 inch wheels with touring tire at some point in the future. I love the dash layout, very simple controls that keep you focused on driving. The cloth seats are extremely comfortable, I really like the fabric, and the trunk is quite roomy. For small children, the backseat would be fine. My kids are nearly adults, and it's pretty tight back there. Obviously most people won't look at a Mustang as a family car though. The performance of this car is amazingly quick, particularly over 3000 RPM. When you step on it it races for the redline. I owned a 2003 Mustang GT automatic prior to this vehicle and the new V6 blows the old GT away in every way performance-wise. I've actually had to drive the new one in the snow a couple of times and it handled well- infinitely better than the '03 did. As the prior post said, I agree with the assessment of the exhaust note. The '03 GT sounded mean, the '12 sounds like a Taurus at idle. I don't need a Borla sounding exhaust, but this is very uninspiring. Also, I don't reccommend the base stereo. The brochure lists it as "premium", but it has no punch to it. My other small gripe is the steering wheel without the leather wrap. My complaints could have been addressed by getting the V6 premium, but it was close to 4K more than the base model and I don't think it is that much nicer. All in all, it is a fantastic value- terrific styling, outstanding performance, and admirable fuel economy.