2012 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: 6 Months In

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

V6 Coupe (3.7L V6 6-speed Manual)

6 Months In
By imabully on

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my base 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Mustang with automatic transmission for just over 6 months now. I bought it in December 2011. Winter driving conditions were no problem with a sack of sand in the trunk ;) I love the acceleration, handling (and gas mileage). At 95 MPH, the Mustang is just percolating along and yawningly understressed.

The interior and exterior styling are all Mustang and unlike the generic designs of so many other cars. Even the Mustang base model has good seats and a manual height adjustable driver's seat.

I have 2 minor complaints: 1. The front seat back tilt mechanism has no "memory". You have to guess at the right return position and I usually have to re-adjust the seat back upon entry. I use the trunk as much as possible. 2. The rear tail lights are sloping, which means they can collect a layer of snow while you drive. A big-assed spoiler would alleviate this issue.