1st Boss Review!!
By cammer on
2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
Just got a performance white Boss, used with 4k miles and no trac key or Recaro seat option. really wanted those options but I refused to pay the stupid 10k markup that the dealers currently insist on. Now on to the car. In a word WOW! the handling and power of this Stang is remarkable! I can't wipe the grin off my face every time I hit an on ramp or a corner that I can accelerate through. I am driving the car daily and it is quitecivilized below 4500 rpm then all bets are off! I have been amazed as to how mant people have come to talk to me about the car or give a big thumbs up!
Favorite Features
The exhaust sound is to die for, don't need a stereo! The car is such a great sensory experience from the Alcantra steering wheel and the ball shifter to how easily you can throttle steer in a corner. It just feels great! I am getting 18 mpg which is comparable to my luxury sedan that I don't drive like this!
Suggested Improvements
definitely rides like a sports car, especially at 40 mph on sectionally rough concrete! I know it is a track car, but I intend to drive it as my daily driver. I am missing the technolgy of most modern cars. I wish it had SYNC, a better stereo, and GPS/backup camera. Ford has many high performance parts available for it already, why didn't they make them an option or standard (1 piece aluminum drive shaft for example). I know I will stop whining. I can die happy now that I have my dream car!
By tmariner
on 12/04/11 16:06 PM (PST)

Not again! The greedy Ford dealers killed the 2003 Thunderbird with their $10k "market adjustment charge". The car that had been judged "Car of the Year" was taken off the market three years later when the customers refused to be blackmailed and bought Vettes and Lexuses. All models of the Mustang are great for the money, the 302 just right at $40k. At $50K, there are a lot of choices.