2012 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Top down and loving
By lewmar68 on 11/10/14 19:43 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Being a native Californian, I have always wanted a convertible sports car. I recently sold my BMW 330ci coupe( not a convertible) and purchased my 2012 mustang convertible, This car is fast, responsive and absolutely a blast to drive!

Mustang: They Never Disappoint
By jordans_stang on 10/18/13 15:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2010 Mustang before this one and loved it. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of it's manual gearbox--it felt slow and it wasn't smooth. I bought my 2012 Mustang nearly brand new and it is extremely improved! This car is very quick for a V6. I have raced my friends 2014 V6 Camaro many times and blow it out of the water every time. I am more than impressed with its performance. It's also a beautiful design. If I go 67-70 mph freeway I have always gotten between 34-36 mpg--I know, sounds almost unrealistic, but it's not. I have tested it multiple times by dividing miles driven into gallons filled up with. These are amazing cars, indeed.

6 Months In
By imabully on 06/12/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my base 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Mustang with automatic transmission for just over 6 months now. I bought it in December 2011. Winter driving conditions were no problem with a sack of sand in the trunk ;) I love the acceleration, handling (and gas mileage). At 95 MPH, the Mustang is just percolating along and yawningly understressed.

Can't be Beat for the Price
By jeffc on 11/10/11 12:57 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered 2012 Black Coupe V-6 with 6 speed manual and performance package. Out the door for a little over $23k, hell economy cars will run you more than that now. Car is awesome looking, very tight feel to it and it actually rides good considering the GT suspension and 19 inch wheels. And this thing gets up and goes and I have only taken it up to a little over 5000 rpm's ( redline is 7k). I cannot imagine what the V8 must be like but that would have cost $7,000 more and a lot more in insurance. Went from an 08 Tiburon and insurance actually went from over $500 every 6 months to about $310! Ordered in Aug just got it and now getting it ready to store...I hate winter!

Can't Beat This Deal!!
By jr8612 on 11/01/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a new 2012 V6 with the 6 speed automatic! Wow, this thing flies! We are quite impressed with the power! Fuel economy on the highway is great for such a fun car to drive, but city shows the "sports car"! This Stang turns on a dime and handles extremely well! LOVE the automatic up/down driver AND passenger windows! Anyone that calls this V6 a "mustake" can eat it! Any V6 Mustang that can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is a sports car, and definitely a MUSTANG! Especially when achieving 31 mpg on the highway. Ford did a great job with this Mustang! Have had and still have many in the family and this is by far the best! Only complaint for us is OUR FAULT! We got a black one, ALWAYS DIRTY!

SO FAR SO GOOD !!! BUY ONE IF YOU DARE !!!
By billbert on 09/23/11 13:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a v6 305 hp 2012 6 speed manual trans 3.31 axle with performance package ...Empty nester mid fiftys ex 60 s 70s muscle car owner.. I am tickled to death so far..A lot of minor conplaints by others mostly about chinese made getrag trans BUT knock on wood.. I did not buy this to hammer the crap out of it or modify it heavily..COMING from the old days I cant believe the value..Like going back and getting a new small block chevy corvette fastback..GET the performance package..worth EVERY dime..This car is fast/nimble/taunt/economical/good looking/and comfortable for two..recent windows down 30 mpg roadtrip in mountains doing 65-82 mph..OLD muscle car would get 15 if your lucky.. FUN CAR!!

Mostly great, with a few small gripes.
By sr76 on 08/01/11 00:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my Kona Blue '12 Mustang a month ago. My car is a base unit with the only options being the sport appearance package and the backup sensor/security package, both of which I highly recommend getting. The V6 is smooth and has good power, although low end torque is nonexistent. The manual trans is mediocre. Clutching is effortless and easy to modulate, but 1-2 shifts can be tricky and I've missed a couple during aggressive acceleration. My car grinds and clunks sometimes during even lazy 1-2 shifts. dealer says it's normal, along with a bunch of other clunks and whines this trans makes. I hope it holds together for a long time, as this is my 10th and definitely best Mustang for sure!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$146 per month*