2012 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Good car, serious safety flaws
By ponycar on 01/18/13 19:05 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great car, with a huge potential flaw. I, as well as others, have experienced a crucial flaw in the stability control system on some 2011 and 2012 Mustangs. The stability control has a tendency on some vehicles to engage itself at around 50MPH for about 15-20 seconds. During this time, the car cuts throttle, and engages the brakes - and can cause the car to buck, sway, and behave violently. Ford has yet to acknowledge this issue or supply a fix.

The best mustang ever
By fastredponycar on 10/12/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 2012 GT premium for about a year and a half now and it has been absolutely FLAWLESS from day 1. The manual transmission is smooth as butter, the car accelerates like a missile, the candy red metallic paint is mesmerizing in the sunlight and the interior (especially with saddle leather) rivals European quality (my wife has a 2010 Audi A4 and we both agree the mustang's interior design/quality is superior) I feel like I have sacrificed NOTHING with this car and that's the first time I've ever felt that way about owning any car. The back seats are JUST big enough to fit 2 average sized adults and the trunk holds JUST enough luggage & fuel economy is mid 20's mixed hwy/city.

AWESOME TANG!
By tcross16 on 04/24/12 10:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I grew up with what I thought was muscle cars from the 70s,80s and 90s but have never experienced a power house like this 2012 GT California special (automatic) which is loaded with comfort and the latest electronics,also has an awesome sound system.I have 2,200 miles on it and I'm getting 28.5 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 69 mph,with a combined city/highway at 23 mpg.I have never been in a car that so many people (of ALL ages) have stared at while driving or just parked.The hardest thing to do in my life now is to turn off that 5.0 engine after I park my mustang GT in the garage for the night.FORD DID THEIR HOMEWORK ON THIS STANG!

2012 Mustang GT Premium
By jimgt2012 on 11/08/11 17:37 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my car over 2 months ago. I got the 2012 Premium GT with the Brembo brakes, Appearance package 5, 3.73 gears, comfort package and upgraded seats. Sticker was over $40,000 and got it for $35,800. I have had 6 Mustangs in my life (including a 1970 428 SCJ) but this is the best of them. Smooth ride for a Sports car and this car sticks to the road. I can't wait until the spring when I can get out and cruise with the local Mustang club.

Excellent Car Make Sure You Understand Options
By xygman on 05/27/11 15:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

1-Just purchased so can't address reliability yet 2-Lots of controlled power 3-I perceived too much hesitation before power kicked in with the automatic highly recommend manual tranny 4-Please thoroughly research Brembo Brakes when deciding on options - not a great option for average folk in my opinion w/high maintenance cost and no spare tire

Smiles on your face!
By jsm10 on 03/27/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2012 GT Coupe . . . perfect blend for an easy daily driver plus everything you'd want to put a smile on your face. First, the smile factors . . . satisfying growl, neck-snapping torque, smooth clutch and tight 6 speed, balanced handling (you'll look for curvy two-lane roads) and appreciative looks. And, this comes in an easy-to-drive commuter. The engine is powerful enough so that you don't have to "row" yourself down the street. Gas mileage is 16/26 . . . you can get over 20 combined, but you'll want to put your foot into when you get a chance. Did I mention the growl? LOTS of bells and whistles with SYNC, bluetooth and the optional NAV system (recommended if you like music).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$165 per month*