2012 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Mustang: They Never Disappoint
By jordans_stang on 10/18/13 15:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2010 Mustang before this one and loved it. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of it's manual gearbox--it felt slow and it wasn't smooth. I bought my 2012 Mustang nearly brand new and it is extremely improved! This car is very quick for a V6. I have raced my friends 2014 V6 Camaro many times and blow it out of the water every time. I am more than impressed with its performance. It's also a beautiful design. If I go 67-70 mph freeway I have always gotten between 34-36 mpg--I know, sounds almost unrealistic, but it's not. I have tested it multiple times by dividing miles driven into gallons filled up with. These are amazing cars, indeed.

so far so good
By spbonus on 04/01/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my mustang premium v6 with the MCA package new. I have had it for 15 months (15,000 miles). So far no issues. The car runs perfectly smooth and powerful. This is my second new mustang and this one is a huge improvement over the last one. Much more fun to drive, 305hp is sweet, brake and handling is a lot better also. On the highway I can get 30mpg. The 6th gear is a little weak so I rarely get to 6th gear unless I am coasting on the highway. Ford sync works really well with my iPhone. I have the manual and the cup holder is useless since I need the room to shift gear. I would recommend this car to anyone who enjoy driving (fast and fun) but doesn’t need a lot of room since

Good car, serious safety flaws
By ponycar on 01/18/13 19:05 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great car, with a huge potential flaw. I, as well as others, have experienced a crucial flaw in the stability control system on some 2011 and 2012 Mustangs. The stability control has a tendency on some vehicles to engage itself at around 50MPH for about 15-20 seconds. During this time, the car cuts throttle, and engages the brakes - and can cause the car to buck, sway, and behave violently. Ford has yet to acknowledge this issue or supply a fix.

The best mustang ever
By fastredponycar on 10/12/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 2012 GT premium for about a year and a half now and it has been absolutely FLAWLESS from day 1. The manual transmission is smooth as butter, the car accelerates like a missile, the candy red metallic paint is mesmerizing in the sunlight and the interior (especially with saddle leather) rivals European quality (my wife has a 2010 Audi A4 and we both agree the mustang's interior design/quality is superior) I feel like I have sacrificed NOTHING with this car and that's the first time I've ever felt that way about owning any car. The back seats are JUST big enough to fit 2 average sized adults and the trunk holds JUST enough luggage & fuel economy is mid 20's mixed hwy/city.

6 Months In
By imabully on 06/12/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my base 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Mustang with automatic transmission for just over 6 months now. I bought it in December 2011. Winter driving conditions were no problem with a sack of sand in the trunk ;) I love the acceleration, handling (and gas mileage). At 95 MPH, the Mustang is just percolating along and yawningly understressed.

So far... I LOVE IT!!!
By david281 on 05/21/12 14:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German and Japanese cars until last week. This is my first American car, and so far I LOVE IT. I LOVE the look of this car, as it looks like a throwback to the 60 - 70's designs, and doesn't resemble the Mustangs of the 80, 90's, or early 2000's at all. This is definately NOT the car I remember guys driving around in high school. The performance out of the 3.6L V6 is stronger than my Audi 2.7T A6, Acura RL, and BMW 328i. This car also handles tighter, and brakes harder than anything I've owned so far.

AWESOME TANG!
By tcross16 on 04/24/12 10:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I grew up with what I thought was muscle cars from the 70s,80s and 90s but have never experienced a power house like this 2012 GT California special (automatic) which is loaded with comfort and the latest electronics,also has an awesome sound system.I have 2,200 miles on it and I'm getting 28.5 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 69 mph,with a combined city/highway at 23 mpg.I have never been in a car that so many people (of ALL ages) have stared at while driving or just parked.The hardest thing to do in my life now is to turn off that 5.0 engine after I park my mustang GT in the garage for the night.FORD DID THEIR HOMEWORK ON THIS STANG!

Can't be Beat for the Price
By jeffc on 11/10/11 12:57 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered 2012 Black Coupe V-6 with 6 speed manual and performance package. Out the door for a little over $23k, hell economy cars will run you more than that now. Car is awesome looking, very tight feel to it and it actually rides good considering the GT suspension and 19 inch wheels. And this thing gets up and goes and I have only taken it up to a little over 5000 rpm's ( redline is 7k). I cannot imagine what the V8 must be like but that would have cost $7,000 more and a lot more in insurance. Went from an 08 Tiburon and insurance actually went from over $500 every 6 months to about $310! Ordered in Aug just got it and now getting it ready to store...I hate winter!

2012 Mustang GT Premium
By jimgt2012 on 11/08/11 17:37 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my car over 2 months ago. I got the 2012 Premium GT with the Brembo brakes, Appearance package 5, 3.73 gears, comfort package and upgraded seats. Sticker was over $40,000 and got it for $35,800. I have had 6 Mustangs in my life (including a 1970 428 SCJ) but this is the best of them. Smooth ride for a Sports car and this car sticks to the road. I can't wait until the spring when I can get out and cruise with the local Mustang club.

Can't Beat This Deal!!
By jr8612 on 11/01/11 21:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a new 2012 V6 with the 6 speed automatic! Wow, this thing flies! We are quite impressed with the power! Fuel economy on the highway is great for such a fun car to drive, but city shows the "sports car"! This Stang turns on a dime and handles extremely well! LOVE the automatic up/down driver AND passenger windows! Anyone that calls this V6 a "mustake" can eat it! Any V6 Mustang that can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is a sports car, and definitely a MUSTANG! Especially when achieving 31 mpg on the highway. Ford did a great job with this Mustang! Have had and still have many in the family and this is by far the best! Only complaint for us is OUR FAULT! We got a black one, ALWAYS DIRTY!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$146 per month*