Used 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

Boss 302 5.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Boss 302
By z51hdtp

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Boss 302 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned many muscle cars over the years I did a great deal of research before deciding on the Boss. It is definitely the best bang for the buck. You can tool around in the car and it is docile as a lamb but if you want performance it is there in an instant. Achieving 20 mpg in town and 25 on the road in normal driving. Spirited driving results in 16 mpg overall. The handling is superb and the engine power is as expected. This is not for the faint of heart, the ride is somewhat choppy and stiff, there is a lot of road noise at highway speeds and it is easy to spin the tires in the first 3 gears but if you are a muscle car lover this is all just part of the fun.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, exhaust note will have you turning off the radio to listen to the exhaust burble. Very easy to drive, simple driver controls, superb handling, excellent gas mileage for this type of car. Excellent shifter and clutch engagement. Simply the best muscle car I have ever owned. That list includes Camaros, Corvettes, Impala SS and a Cadillac CTS-V.

Suggested Improvements

I can't use a key chain for my keys as the position of the key on the steering column is too low and the keys will dig into my right leg when braking. I solved that by just using the key fob in the ignition only and put my keys on a separate key ring. Floor mats are very thin and cheap - Ford could have done a better job on those. Car comes with the base stereo which is adequate but the speakers need to be of better quality - will upgrade those over time.

1st Boss Review!!
By cammer

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Boss 302 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just got a performance white Boss, used with 4k miles and no trac key or Recaro seat option. really wanted those options but I refused to pay the stupid 10k markup that the dealers currently insist on. Now on to the car. In a word WOW! the handling and power of this Stang is remarkable! I can't wipe the grin off my face every time I hit an on ramp or a corner that I can accelerate through. I am driving the car daily and it is quitecivilized below 4500 rpm then all bets are off! I have been amazed as to how mant people have come to talk to me about the car or give a big thumbs up!

Favorite Features

The exhaust sound is to die for, don't need a stereo! The car is such a great sensory experience from the Alcantra steering wheel and the ball shifter to how easily you can throttle steer in a corner. It just feels great! I am getting 18 mpg which is comparable to my luxury sedan that I don't drive like this!

Suggested Improvements

definitely rides like a sports car, especially at 40 mph on sectionally rough concrete! I know it is a track car, but I intend to drive it as my daily driver. I am missing the technolgy of most modern cars. I wish it had SYNC, a better stereo, and GPS/backup camera. Ford has many high performance parts available for it already, why didn't they make them an option or standard (1 piece aluminum drive shaft for example). I know I will stop whining. I can die happy now that I have my dream car!