Used 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

so far so good
By spbonus

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my mustang premium v6 with the MCA package new. I have had it for 15 months (15,000 miles). So far no issues. The car runs perfectly smooth and powerful. This is my second new mustang and this one is a huge improvement over the last one. Much more fun to drive, 305hp is sweet, brake and handling is a lot better also. On the highway I can get 30mpg. The 6th gear is a little weak so I rarely get to 6th gear unless I am coasting on the highway. Ford sync works really well with my iPhone. I have the manual and the cup holder is useless since I need the room to shift gear. I would recommend this car to anyone who enjoy driving (fast and fun) but doesnÂ’t need a lot of room since

Favorite Features

ford sync

So far... I LOVE IT!!!
By david281

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German and Japanese cars until last week. This is my first American car, and so far I LOVE IT. I LOVE the look of this car, as it looks like a throwback to the 60 - 70's designs, and doesn't resemble the Mustangs of the 80, 90's, or early 2000's at all. This is definately NOT the car I remember guys driving around in high school. The performance out of the 3.6L V6 is stronger than my Audi 2.7T A6, Acura RL, and BMW 328i. This car also handles tighter, and brakes harder than anything I've owned so far.

Favorite Features

Efficient, yet powerful V6, quick brakes, tight steering. Microsoft SYNC, and of course convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Interior isn't bad, but Ford cut corners in places which it didn't need to. The drivers seat has power to move the seat foward, and up, but no power to adust the seat back. THe passanger side seat is 100% manual. Steering wheel adjusts up/down, but does not telescope back for those of us with long legs.

Total Disapointment!!
By sibonium

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I cannot recommend this vehicle....at 5900 miles and less than two months old, the automatic transmission failed. During a tire rotation, technician discovered ATF leaking from the tranny. Ford Dealer removed the transmission, replaced forward seals, and a "gear pump". I can't be more specific because Ford worked to a Technical Service Bulletin, but refuses to let me see it or copy it. Car in the shop for 12 days...not what I imagined when I bought it!

Favorite Features

Nice power, good handling, sexy body, comfy interior. This review is for an automatic transmission; the sitevwould not let me select AT.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the defective transmission before selling the vehicle to paying customers. I think this may be my last Ford.

Ford recaptures a classic
By someothersteve

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early June as primarily a commuter car that could double as a fun car for the weekends. I haven't been disappointed. The V6 Mustang Premium automatic is a very comfortable car. You can drive it for performance or economy. In my commute I usually get 28-31 MPG. If I turn on the AC or hit the gas hard, mileage will drop to the mid 20s. Ergonomics are good. I have no issues reaching any controls from the driver’s seat. The car has some nice touches, too, like rear seat headrests that fold down to improve visibility. For the wrench turners, you can get to all parts of the engine without busting a knuckle. It makes up for the missing spare tire and slow downshifts.

Favorite Features

Favorite things include - Ergonomics - Fun to drive factor - Designed for the wrench-turning car nut - Classic styling - Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Suggested Improvements - Have a locking gas cap or internal release for the hatch that covers the opening. Gas is not getting cheaper. - Optional spare tire. I know Ford was trying for weight savings, but that’s ridiculous. - Quicker downshifts in the automatic transmission

The Real Deal!
By nicw1

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Here’s a Real review. I use to be a big fan of foreign cars until the 2012 Mustang effect “happened”. Im a 32 year old, trendy, female who not only wants style and class but speed and stability. The mustang just feels and looks great!! Heads will turn with this car and cops will be waiting at night to see if your going to push on the gas. I will admit that sometimes I get frustrated bc I really want to open this baby up…everytime I pump on the gas, there’s an undercover cop on the highway or traffic. Yuk! If you live in the city, forget it! Go on the open road! The only complaint is that my car is black, therefore I find myself washing it a lot! But thats the price you'll pay!

Favorite Features

Interior gadges, lights, feel, optional additions, exterior body.