Used 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Top down and loving
By lewmar68

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Being a native Californian, I have always wanted a convertible sports car. I recently sold my BMW 330ci coupe( not a convertible) and purchased my 2012 mustang convertible, This car is fast, responsive and absolutely a blast to drive!

Multiple settings for powersteering Ipod interface cloth top! Sync!

I have driven BMW's in the past, one thing that would take this vehicle from good to great/excellent would be automated climate control, I don't care how much more it cost. I like to set the temperature and forget about it. Also the release handles on the convertible models could be a little more sturdy, my car is 2 years old but the handles look like the car is 20 years old

Mustang: They Never Disappoint
By jordans_stang

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2010 Mustang before this one and loved it. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of it's manual gearbox--it felt slow and it wasn't smooth. I bought my 2012 Mustang nearly brand new and it is extremely improved! This car is very quick for a V6. I have raced my friends 2014 V6 Camaro many times and blow it out of the water every time. I am more than impressed with its performance. It's also a beautiful design. If I go 67-70 mph freeway I have always gotten between 34-36 mpg--I know, sounds almost unrealistic, but it's not. I have tested it multiple times by dividing miles driven into gallons filled up with. These are amazing cars, indeed.

Gas mileage is amazing, power is amazing, looks, comfort, quietness, 6 speed manual, traction and stability control.

Though I bought it almost brand new, I have noticed a few small squeaks in the car when I drive. This sort of drives me insane. Also the suspension is not the quietest when going over very rough pavement, but that's expected in a sporty suspension car. Also, paint job could have been higher quality, but it's not bad. All minor things that I think can be fixed, but are worth it when you feel how amazing this car handles, drives, and the amazing power. It's so fun.

6 Months In
By imabully

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my base 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Mustang with automatic transmission for just over 6 months now. I bought it in December 2011. Winter driving conditions were no problem with a sack of sand in the trunk ;) I love the acceleration, handling (and gas mileage). At 95 MPH, the Mustang is just percolating along and yawningly understressed.

The interior and exterior styling are all Mustang and unlike the generic designs of so many other cars. Even the Mustang base model has good seats and a manual height adjustable driver's seat.

I have 2 minor complaints: 1. The front seat back tilt mechanism has no "memory". You have to guess at the right return position and I usually have to re-adjust the seat back upon entry. I use the trunk as much as possible. 2. The rear tail lights are sloping, which means they can collect a layer of snow while you drive. A big-assed spoiler would alleviate this issue.

Can't be Beat for the Price
By jeffc

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ordered 2012 Black Coupe V-6 with 6 speed manual and performance package. Out the door for a little over $23k, hell economy cars will run you more than that now. Car is awesome looking, very tight feel to it and it actually rides good considering the GT suspension and 19 inch wheels. And this thing gets up and goes and I have only taken it up to a little over 5000 rpm's ( redline is 7k). I cannot imagine what the V8 must be like but that would have cost $7,000 more and a lot more in insurance. Went from an 08 Tiburon and insurance actually went from over $500 every 6 months to about $310! Ordered in Aug just got it and now getting it ready to store...I hate winter!

For a v6 this thing really pulls. Feels tight and solid. 6 speed is great, nice short throws, tight pattern. And it looks very sharp in black with those 19 inch black wheels. An absolute joy to drive.

Nothing, for the price nothing else comes close.

Can't Beat This Deal!!
By jr8612

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a new 2012 V6 with the 6 speed automatic! Wow, this thing flies! We are quite impressed with the power! Fuel economy on the highway is great for such a fun car to drive, but city shows the "sports car"! This Stang turns on a dime and handles extremely well! LOVE the automatic up/down driver AND passenger windows! Anyone that calls this V6 a "mustake" can eat it! Any V6 Mustang that can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is a sports car, and definitely a MUSTANG! Especially when achieving 31 mpg on the highway. Ford did a great job with this Mustang! Have had and still have many in the family and this is by far the best! Only complaint for us is OUR FAULT! We got a black one, ALWAYS DIRTY!

New 3.7L V6 pushing 305 HP, but 31 mpg hwy, auto up/down drivers and passenger windows, 6 speed automatic, 17" rims, GT Hood, Dual Exhaust, Spoiler, Stability and Traction control

Make car LOUDER! Even the V6 deserves repect, make that exhaust rumble and it'll fit the performance!