Used 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

1 year and 15,000 miles later...
By rhalpin002

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you'd be upset with a creaky front end, having to return to the dealer a few times in the first 10-15K miles for warranty work (front end bushings), and a potential wheel bearing failure, then this is not the car for you. With all of that said, the style and performance far outweighs any squeaks, creaks, rattles or noises (plus the fact that it's under warranty until 36K). I will most likely be trading this in for a 50th Anniversary edition of the same model, not only because I am sure I'll want one, but also because if I'm having bushing trouble and a fairly loud wheel bearing noise at 15K miles...I can't imagine that the long-term reliability is good.

Favorite Features

Engine, engine, engine, and engine. The 6MT is notchy, but loosens up a bit over time. It's still rather tight, but the overall powertrain is incredible. The exhaust note with the top down has me lowering the roof at 50 F.

Suggested Improvements

Move the tilt wheel lever (knee scrapes it on exit), and give the driver more right-knee room. If the suspension components (e.g. sway bar bushings, lower control arm bushings), and wheel bearings are any indication of the quality of peripheral components in the car...I'd say "Ford, you better find another supplier". As I state earlier, long-term reliability is questionable, especially if the dealer has had to replace the lower control arms (for a TSB), the sway bars and links (they said that there was too much play in them), and a groaning/warbling wheel bearing (I've heard it from 5K miles, and it's getting worse...hoping it fails in a non-catastrophic manner while still under warranty).

German to American
By torts

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Alread forgot my bmw 1 series convertible. Enter the mustang gt convertible premium. This car is jam packed with value. The car has great ergonomics, the sync system works flawlessly, the engine is a beast of beasts and shocked me with it's pure power and torque. I expected the interior of car to be cheaply made. But to my surprise the car is beautifully appointed and laid out smartly. Not cheaply done at all. The shaker stereo rocks. Crisp highs and nice lows with no distortion. Bluetooth is amazing works great with the top down and wind blowing at 60 mph. Car handles great and has a great bite on the road. No doubt you get more car then a bmw and save over 10k. Its a no brainer.

Favorite Features

Shaker system is awesome. Nice shift action with a quick short throw. Great third and fourth gear loaded with all sorts of torque. Nice leather wrapped steering wheel. Lighting accents are nice. Gauges a real throw back. Synch rarely misses a word you have spoken. Intoxicating exhaust note.

Suggested Improvements

alittle jumpy and jittery on bumpy roads. Torneau cover would be an upgrade. Get ride of lataches and and replace with automatic top that can be put up or put down while driving up to 20 mph.