2012 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Top down and loving
By lewmar68 on 11/10/14 19:43 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Being a native Californian, I have always wanted a convertible sports car. I recently sold my BMW 330ci coupe( not a convertible) and purchased my 2012 mustang convertible, This car is fast, responsive and absolutely a blast to drive!

True muscle in the V6 is hidden, but waiting to be unleashed.
By adr58 on 01/02/14 19:07 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2012 base V6 convertible auto a few months. It was a rental and has just under 50,000 miles My first Mustang. It is certainly behind in design compared with European sports cars, especially the base model, but the appeal of the Mustang is in some ways its simple raw charisma, not its bling. The new V6 has awesome acceleration and can match the old V8 in terms of performance. The stock auto setup is a compromise though. For general driving the Mustang is sweet. When you want to unleash the beast, there is throttle lag and imprecise gear shifts until you get above 3500 rpm, then she pulls like a train.

Mustang: They Never Disappoint
By jordans_stang on 10/18/13 15:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2010 Mustang before this one and loved it. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of it's manual gearbox--it felt slow and it wasn't smooth. I bought my 2012 Mustang nearly brand new and it is extremely improved! This car is very quick for a V6. I have raced my friends 2014 V6 Camaro many times and blow it out of the water every time. I am more than impressed with its performance. It's also a beautiful design. If I go 67-70 mph freeway I have always gotten between 34-36 mpg--I know, sounds almost unrealistic, but it's not. I have tested it multiple times by dividing miles driven into gallons filled up with. These are amazing cars, indeed.

so far so good
By spbonus on 04/01/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my mustang premium v6 with the MCA package new. I have had it for 15 months (15,000 miles). So far no issues. The car runs perfectly smooth and powerful. This is my second new mustang and this one is a huge improvement over the last one. Much more fun to drive, 305hp is sweet, brake and handling is a lot better also. On the highway I can get 30mpg. The 6th gear is a little weak so I rarely get to 6th gear unless I am coasting on the highway. Ford sync works really well with my iPhone. I have the manual and the cup holder is useless since I need the room to shift gear. I would recommend this car to anyone who enjoy driving (fast and fun) but doesnÂ’t need a lot of room since

Good car, serious safety flaws
By ponycar on 01/18/13 19:05 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great car, with a huge potential flaw. I, as well as others, have experienced a crucial flaw in the stability control system on some 2011 and 2012 Mustangs. The stability control has a tendency on some vehicles to engage itself at around 50MPH for about 15-20 seconds. During this time, the car cuts throttle, and engages the brakes - and can cause the car to buck, sway, and behave violently. Ford has yet to acknowledge this issue or supply a fix.

1 year and 15,000 miles later...
By rhalpin002 on 10/20/12 06:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you'd be upset with a creaky front end, having to return to the dealer a few times in the first 10-15K miles for warranty work (front end bushings), and a potential wheel bearing failure, then this is not the car for you. With all of that said, the style and performance far outweighs any squeaks, creaks, rattles or noises (plus the fact that it's under warranty until 36K). I will most likely be trading this in for a 50th Anniversary edition of the same model, not only because I am sure I'll want one, but also because if I'm having bushing trouble and a fairly loud wheel bearing noise at 15K miles...I can't imagine that the long-term reliability is good.

The best mustang ever
By fastredponycar on 10/12/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 2012 GT premium for about a year and a half now and it has been absolutely FLAWLESS from day 1. The manual transmission is smooth as butter, the car accelerates like a missile, the candy red metallic paint is mesmerizing in the sunlight and the interior (especially with saddle leather) rivals European quality (my wife has a 2010 Audi A4 and we both agree the mustang's interior design/quality is superior) I feel like I have sacrificed NOTHING with this car and that's the first time I've ever felt that way about owning any car. The back seats are JUST big enough to fit 2 average sized adults and the trunk holds JUST enough luggage & fuel economy is mid 20's mixed hwy/city.

German to American
By torts on 07/26/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Alread forgot my bmw 1 series convertible. Enter the mustang gt convertible premium. This car is jam packed with value. The car has great ergonomics, the sync system works flawlessly, the engine is a beast of beasts and shocked me with it's pure power and torque. I expected the interior of car to be cheaply made. But to my surprise the car is beautifully appointed and laid out smartly. Not cheaply done at all. The shaker stereo rocks. Crisp highs and nice lows with no distortion. Bluetooth is amazing works great with the top down and wind blowing at 60 mph. Car handles great and has a great bite on the road. No doubt you get more car then a bmw and save over 10k. Its a no brainer.

6 Months In
By imabully on 06/12/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my base 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Mustang with automatic transmission for just over 6 months now. I bought it in December 2011. Winter driving conditions were no problem with a sack of sand in the trunk ;) I love the acceleration, handling (and gas mileage). At 95 MPH, the Mustang is just percolating along and yawningly understressed.

So far... I LOVE IT!!!
By david281 on 05/21/12 14:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German and Japanese cars until last week. This is my first American car, and so far I LOVE IT. I LOVE the look of this car, as it looks like a throwback to the 60 - 70's designs, and doesn't resemble the Mustangs of the 80, 90's, or early 2000's at all. This is definately NOT the car I remember guys driving around in high school. The performance out of the 3.6L V6 is stronger than my Audi 2.7T A6, Acura RL, and BMW 328i. This car also handles tighter, and brakes harder than anything I've owned so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$146 per month*