2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a blast!

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

What a blast!
By David on

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the base v6 convertible. Only option is the 6 speed auto. All the positives in the reviews are spot-on. This car is sensational! The negatives I've read don't even apply (at least to me). My 6,1" son has sat in the back - with the driver's seat in normal position (I am 6'). He said he wouldn't want to sit there all day, but even a couple hours would be fine. That was a surprise - I thought the back seat was just for the insurance companies. I have only 1,000 miles on the car (had it for 2 wks) - and got 30 mpg on a 90 minute trip the other day. And that included an - ahem - acceleration test on the highway. A blast to drive, and that's with the top up. Top down - fantastic!

Favorite Features

Styling is near perfection. Performance is near-perfection. Ride quality and handling amazing. Major, major kudos to Ford for this terrific car - and the price is unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the seat backs to return to previous position when you've had to let someone into the back seat. Would like gear indicator (auto) on dash. How's that for nit-picky?