2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Gr

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80 on

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

The engine! Also, the interior has a lot more customizable features than I expected. Sync works great, the customizable gauges and ambient light are cool touches. The dual exhaust is awesome. I like that I have a V6 mustang and it doesn't feel like it's a second-tier mustang. It doesn't feel like a cheaper version of the GT like the older models. I love it, it gets a lot of compliments.

The center console design is a bit cumbersome. There are a lot of buttons, and it's taking me a while to get used to their placement. Although I can do a lot with the steering mounted controls, I find that i have to take my eyes off the road a lot to adjust climate control, or when I sync to my phone via bluetooth, I have to go through a few menus every time to get it to work. Easy solution is to plug in a USB cord, but I like not having to mess with cords all the time. This is splitting hairs, but maybe a launch control? The car is powerful but underwhelming until it hits it's power band. Needs a telescoping wheel.