My First Hotrod
By bughunt on
2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
Loaded (all I didn't get was the glass roof, HID headlights, and gaudy louvers and scoops) with a 3.55 rear diff, I've had this car for just over a year and no complaints. I've never had a "fast car" let alone muscle car before so, performance wise, it's like I'm driving a superhero (well mannered, but capable of things that put - and leave - a smile on your face that stays all day). I've heard a lot of talk on the tranny, but I've had no problems at 6500mi (2nd car and don't drive a lot). Took a pro-driving class and was amazed. She cornered as if on rails as they say. Rated at 16/25mpg City/Hwy, I see 14/22 in WA which puts additives in the gas.
Favorite Features
Performance is great, but I cannot get over the gadgets! SYNC lets you do nearly everything by voice command (remembering all possible commands is the hard part). Love that my car has a 10Gb HDD, plays DVDs, music on my phone, and lets me control my iPod completely from the car's touch screen. How did we live before heated seats? And backup cameras!? When I get down to 50mi left in the tank, a soft tone sounds and my map displays all the nearby gas stations. Both HD and satellite radios are too much to listen to (but will be great on road trips). Oh, almost forgot, looks of both fear and envy from other drivers...priceless.
Suggested Improvements
Hate the center console - sits too high, which makes shifting a little awkward. Cannot simply copy MP3 song files to the HD (even though it recognizes jump drives and plays mp3 disks). You can only rip from a CD...yeah, stunningly stupid. Now, with iPod connectivity, HD and Sat radio you may say so what. Well, the radio is the radio and sometimes they just don't play what you want to hear. And the iPod takes 5min to index 4500+ songs, so it's only used on long trips, so I need music on the harddrive. It took over 2-months to put 2500 songs on my HD (ripping songs to and from work, creating CDs, etc.) And summer tires mean always watching the temp. Oh, and no spare with Brembo package!