GT auto transmission hesitation
By paboy1 on
2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
I am a proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT and it has for the most part been the best mustang I have ever owned. I do have one concern and it is the automatic transmissions timing. I have read alot about problems with the manual transmission online, but I have had issues with my transmission being very hesitent. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues? I notice it more in the mornings and when i am slowing at stop signs in town..there seems to be too long of smooth shift from the gearing? sometimes i put on the gas and its sits a bit then kicks in and jerks my head. this is a new transmission for me (6 speed) and told by Ford it is a normal variant to this transmission. anyone else???
Favorite Features
I have been a Ford man all my life and this is my 4th mustang, it is best by far. i love the look, feel, and drive in comparison to past mustangs. it is more classy and yet still very tough. the leather interior is very comfortable and all options are at an easy reach. i also have the glass roof which adds even more fun to the ride. there has been a learning curve for me on all the new tech equipment, such as sync but i am getting there. I do think the navigation system needs to learn to understand hillbilly because it can never understand my destinations. LOL
Suggested Improvements
all in all i am very happy with my new mustang GT, again, my only concern is the transmission with its hesitation. I am glad I do not have issues as the other owners are having with the manual models. It seems that there could be a fix for the hesitation in shifting with the automatic transmission??? I am no mechanic but it just does not feel right and I do not want to wait until the transmission is out of warranty before I get this figured out.
By galonahorse67
on 07/31/11 16:40 PM (PDT)

I am having the same problem the difference is I only have a 6 cylinder. Come to a stop sign or getting ready to pass someone and it has a hesitation but then kicks in. Did not know if it was an engine issue or transmission issue. Now I have something to tell my service department. Thanks for sharing.