Pleasantly surprised with this new 3.7L Mustang
By sc_kona_blue on
2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
This was my first domestic sports car purchase. So I had high expectations. I of course bought it with the Performance Package! I have been extremely happy with the performance, handling, and reliability of this car. I have added a ProCharger supercharger and a full exhaust. Its now making over 500 HP. I was the first 3.7L mustang to hit the 12's in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a V6. I still get 21MPG in the city. I gave it a 4 for the interior. The seats are made for a guy who is about 5'10" and 200lbs. I am 5'8" and 160. Its a bit large for me. Also there is no dead pedal. There is a great forum specifically for this car at v6mustangperformance dot com if you want to learn more about it.
Favorite Features
I Love the taillights and the performance package wheels. I also like the front Fascia. The Performance package handles very well from the factory. I do a few auto-crosses and road courses each year and this car will do nicely. I also like the aftermarket support for this car. I have already extensively modified the body as the factory choices are pretty weak. This car drives very nicely in town and on the highway. Its neither harsh nor loud. Yet has the power to give you a real kick in the pants. Do not hesitate to test drive this car. I am not a fan of Microsoft and looking to remove their logo from the center console, but SYNC hands free phone is Amazingly nice and much safer!
Suggested Improvements
The car needs a dead pedal and a better shifter bracket. These two things are a must for modifications. The Performance Package Brakes are nothing super special. I would suggest allowing the Big Brake upgrade as part of the factory packages like the GT. Also the 114 MPH speed limiter is ridiculous. Ford forces you to buy or go to an aftermarket tuner to get this and other things changed. Overall this is a great car and I am glad I bought it.