2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Best (only) Mustang since my 1

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Mustang

GT Premium Convertible (5.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

Best (only) Mustang since my 1969 Mach 1
By NFH38 on

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a lot of fun and a great value among high performance cars. Fit and finish to a surprising high standard...this is my first American car in many years and I had almost given up. Powertrain is awesome and electronics suite is better than my Audi. Ergonomics and cabin convenience are sorely lacking. Glove box won't even hold manuals. No place to put mailbox keys etc. Cupholder makes shifting clumsy and needs better design. Yes, we do need a water bottle in the car in an AZ summer.

The sound of the 5.0 is worth the price of admission. Outstanding acceleration and very good handling. Nice to be able to set traction control down and to kill the seatbelt nag bells. I.e., adult treatment is better than Nanny stuff

Make Homelink or equivalent available. This was in the manual but did not appear on the car. Cost me half a day and $40 to fix. Seats need much more adjustments. Should be able to recline seat back independent of seat bottom. Most needed is storage space/niches/drawers in cabin for incidentals.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review