V6 is a Blast to Drive.
By Jim F on
2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
Automobile magazine writers have had good reviews on this car, and that encouraged me to check out the V6 305 HP engine. (3.7 liter) My last V6 Mustang (1974 Mach 1) had a 2.8 liter Cologne engine. Absolutely no comparison possible. The old car could get 25 MPG; This car can get up and boogie, and still give me 28.8 MPG on the freeway at 77 MPH. It has good handling characteristics, good looks, and good build quality. My wife really liked the A/C and the ride. Our one gripe is a small trunk. Don't plan on bringing a lot of luggage if you take a 1000 mile trip, unless you want to use the back seat for the extra suitcase. We are very happy with the car.
Favorite Features
The V6 gets great mileage. I'm at 27.6 after 4000 miles. It may improve after break in. The steering feel is wonderful. The paint work is excellent. The seats are very comfortable. The power top has a recessed handle in the header bar making it easy to secure to the windshield.
Suggested Improvements
Improved interior storage for CD's sunglasses, etc. The door pockets don't have enough room. No back seat legroom for an adult unless front seat is far forward. Speedometer markings are too close together. Trunk capacity is tiny. My 1992 SAAB 900 convertible had a bigger trunk. Needs DRL's.