Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Pleasantly surprised with this new 3.7L Mustang
By sc_kona_blue

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first domestic sports car purchase.
So I had high expectations. I of course bought it with the Performance Package!

I have been extremely happy with the performance, handling, and reliability of this car. I have added a ProCharger supercharger and a full exhaust. Its now making over 500 HP. I was the first 3.7L mustang to hit the 12's in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a V6. I still get 21MPG in the city.

I gave it a 4 for the interior. The seats are made for a guy who is about 5'10" and 200lbs. I am 5'8" and 160. Its a bit large for me. Also there is no dead pedal. There is a great forum specifically for this car at v6mustangperformance dot com if you want to learn more about it.

I Love the taillights and the performance package wheels. I also like the front Fascia. The Performance package handles very well from the factory. I do a few auto-crosses and road courses each year and this car will do nicely. I also like the aftermarket support for this car. I have already extensively modified the body as the factory choices are pretty weak. This car drives very nicely in town and on the highway. Its neither harsh nor loud. Yet has the power to give you a real kick in the pants. Do not hesitate to test drive this car. I am not a fan of Microsoft and looking to remove their logo from the center console, but SYNC hands free phone is Amazingly nice and much safer!

The car needs a dead pedal and a better shifter bracket. These two things are a must for modifications. The Performance Package Brakes are nothing super special. I would suggest allowing the Big Brake upgrade as part of the factory packages like the GT. Also the 114 MPH speed limiter is ridiculous. Ford forces you to buy or go to an aftermarket tuner to get this and other things changed. Overall this is a great car and I am glad I bought it.

V6, 305 HP
By egoodman

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I own our 2011 stang since October 2010. Kono Blue! Wow! What a sweet ride. Ford did a great job and the 305 hp makes the car right there with last years GT model. I have kept right with 2010 GT's with my little V6. One thing I would recommend to all stang owners. Put a Flowmaster exhaust on it. Wow, it makes the car sound so bad ass. It gives the car a sweet growl, sounds louder than the standard V-8 model. I have had my flowmaster on for the past few months and makes the car sound aggressive but not obnoxious.

The 2011 Stang is way nicer than the camaro, more comfortable and the interior is classy not
plastic that looks cheap like in the camaro.
Live a little and get one.

The quick acceleration and the way it hugs the road.

Wow
By tbutton

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My wife drives a 3 series and I've been jealous confined to a 3/4 ton pickup for several years.

I've looked at a zillion cars including Minis, Audi S4, 1 Series, Mazdaspeed3, GTI, etc.

So glad I settled on this.
It is beautiful on the outside and drives as neatly buttoned down as the 3 series.
But boy does it get up and go better than just about anything.
And what a sweet noise it makes when you hit about 4000 rpm.

The Brembo package not only brings her to a stop quickly but gives it a great feel on the road with no body roll at all.
And as a tall guy, the room in the front seats is appreciated far more than the 3 series cockpit.
Forget the back seats.
lol

SYNC rocks, but expect to spend some time memorizing command that matter to you. Brembos amaze. And the kind of gunsmoke wheels that come with the package get compliments right and left. I also think this is probably the best body styling ever on a mustang. It looks mean and the stock spoiler doesn't look corny. Finally, that 5.0 liter is phenomenal.

Telescope would be nice, but I am very comfortable. Some better storage options for things you want easy access to like your phone, a coffee card, etc. Even just having a pocket on the sunvisor would be a massive boon. I'd certainly use it more than the mirror.

Tweaked GTconvertible
By mustangalan

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought the GT convertible after looking at the Camaro and Challenger. Immediately loved it but decided to add some stealth performance so had the Ford Racing supercharger instaaled along with Magnaflow exhaust to give a little more rumble. Now 600+ horsepower and fast not the word for it. Now a Corvette killer. The Camaro and Challenger don't even come close!

Performance!!!

Little more leg room and more adjustments on the seats.

mustang surprise
By zimboy

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in the US for 8 years having preferred European sports cars. I thought the Mustang might lack the handling, fun and feel i have been used to. I bought a race red with american mustang club package which looks striking especially with the silver grey alloys. It is a pleasure to drive and skidpad performance was best i have ever had. Its a car that can cruise in style and be
thrown around with confidence. And with great pricing it is very hard to beat.

great looks, retro interior and the bulging bonnet, great cruising and cornering ability

quick-link is not a feature despite listed in the manual, cupnholders in the rear, clearer buttons on the steering wheel