Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Tweaked GTconvertible
By mustangalan

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought the GT convertible after looking at the Camaro and Challenger. Immediately loved it but decided to add some stealth performance so had the Ford Racing supercharger instaaled along with Magnaflow exhaust to give a little more rumble. Now 600+ horsepower and fast not the word for it. Now a Corvette killer. The Camaro and Challenger don't even come close!

Favorite Features

Performance!!!

Suggested Improvements

Little more leg room and more adjustments on the seats.

mustang surprise
By zimboy

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in the US for 8 years having preferred European sports cars. I thought the Mustang might lack the handling, fun and feel i have been used to. I bought a race red with american mustang club package which looks striking especially with the silver grey alloys. It is a pleasure to drive and skidpad performance was best i have ever had. Its a car that can cruise in style and be thrown around with confidence. And with great pricing it is very hard to beat.

Favorite Features

great looks, retro interior and the bulging bonnet, great cruising and cornering ability

Suggested Improvements

quick-link is not a feature despite listed in the manual, cupnholders in the rear, clearer buttons on the steering wheel

2011 Mustang GT is Best Ford has built
By mustangman308

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2011 Mustang GT Premium (5.0 6M) - with Brembo Package & 3.55 gears and it's by far the best stock Mustang GT ever built. The new 5.0 engine does not stop pulling and the 6 M transmission is smooth and the Brembo brakes & suspension make the car handle like it's on rails. TEST DRIVE ONE and you will buy it *** it's that good.

Favorite Features

New 5.0 Engine & 6 Speed Transmission

Suggested Improvements

HID Head Lights should be standard with Alarm System.

Fun to Drive
By discopsk

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 98 V6 for this Race red V6 Premium with Auto, Pony and Comfort packages. First impression was there is NO STORAGE. No place to put sunglasses, loose change, etc. I love the MyColor. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the transmission is very smooth. Second tank of gas I got 29 mpg in mixed driving. 1 mpg better than my 98 with double the horsepower and an auto instead of manual tranny. Great job Ford! The Shaker radio sounds great. And I love the retro style which is very reminiscent of my 65 pony. Reliability remains to be seen, but if this car is as good as my 98, I'm a happy camper.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, MyColor, Shaker radio, styling, comfort, power and interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Give me just a little more storage, and you have a HOME RUN.

2011 V6 Mustang-Hesitation
By richardzuccaro

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall my 2011 V6 Mustang with automatic transmission is a really fine car EXCEPT for the 1-2 second hesitation when trying to accelerate suddenly for passing or entering a highway. The dealer claims its probably only a half-second delay but I confirmed again its close to 2 seconds. At age 61 I am not drag racing. This hesitation has been quite dangerous several times( praise the Lord for his protection)before accelerating like my first new muscle car, a 1969 GTO. I was a part-time auto mechanic in '69-70 and will research the possible cause since the Ford dealer has failed me.

Favorite Features

The Kona Blue and the car's styling look beautiful .

Suggested Improvements

Please tune the car to accelerate timely in real world passing situations, not just zero to 60 mph, etc.