2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Tweaked GTconvertible
By mustangalan on 04/27/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought the GT convertible after looking at the Camaro and Challenger. Immediately loved it but decided to add some stealth performance so had the Ford Racing supercharger instaaled along with Magnaflow exhaust to give a little more rumble. Now 600+ horsepower and fast not the word for it. Now a Corvette killer. The Camaro and Challenger don't even come close!

mustang surprise
By zimboy on 04/16/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in the US for 8 years having preferred European sports cars. I thought the Mustang might lack the handling, fun and feel i have been used to. I bought a race red with american mustang club package which looks striking especially with the silver grey alloys. It is a pleasure to drive and skidpad performance was best i have ever had. Its a car that can cruise in style and be thrown around with confidence. And with great pricing it is very hard to beat.

2011 Mustang GT is Best Ford has built
By mustangman308 on 02/08/11 02:10 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2011 Mustang GT Premium (5.0 6M) - with Brembo Package & 3.55 gears and it's by far the best stock Mustang GT ever built. The new 5.0 engine does not stop pulling and the 6 M transmission is smooth and the Brembo brakes & suspension make the car handle like it's on rails. TEST DRIVE ONE and you will buy it *** it's that good.

Fun to Drive
By discopsk on 01/18/11 15:18 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 98 V6 for this Race red V6 Premium with Auto, Pony and Comfort packages. First impression was there is NO STORAGE. No place to put sunglasses, loose change, etc. I love the MyColor. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the transmission is very smooth. Second tank of gas I got 29 mpg in mixed driving. 1 mpg better than my 98 with double the horsepower and an auto instead of manual tranny. Great job Ford! The Shaker radio sounds great. And I love the retro style which is very reminiscent of my 65 pony. Reliability remains to be seen, but if this car is as good as my 98, I'm a happy camper.

2011 V6 Mustang-Hesitation
By richardzuccaro on 01/14/11 12:20 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall my 2011 V6 Mustang with automatic transmission is a really fine car EXCEPT for the 1-2 second hesitation when trying to accelerate suddenly for passing or entering a highway. The dealer claims its probably only a half-second delay but I confirmed again its close to 2 seconds. At age 61 I am not drag racing. This hesitation has been quite dangerous several times( praise the Lord for his protection)before accelerating like my first new muscle car, a 1969 GTO. I was a part-time auto mechanic in '69-70 and will research the possible cause since the Ford dealer has failed me.

The Pony Express
By Eric Goodman on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I have now had our first Ford Mustang for approximately 1 1/2 months with just over 1900 miles. The car is the bomb. Kona Metallic Blue, auto and the car has plenty of power. No need to spend the extra $ 7,500 dollars on the 5.0. The V-6, 305 is plenty fast for the non dragster. Heck, the 2010 GT had 315 HP, 10 less HP and that was the cats meow last year. The duel exhaust sounds great and has a nice growl to it. Handles great and very comfortable on long trips. I get 30 mpg on highway with cruise control set for 70 mph and that's using regular fuel. Overall, Bang for Buck, the best pony car on the market to date. Ford did its homework and look out camaro.

Best of the current American muscle cars
By James B. on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you want the best all around muscle car in the U.S., the new Mustang GT is what you want. It's got the best performance for the dollar. Capable of the best MPG, the most innovative engineering, has the best visibility, the best interior & weighs the least. The 5.0-liter engine bellows tones worthy of a THX-certified soundtrack. The base brakes are good, but the Brembo's are way better & offer serious stopping power needed to reign in the 412-horses. It's also a bargain for what you get especially if you're considering any of the 19" wheels. The 6-speed tranny offers short, positive shifts and a buttery smooth feel. It's great for weekend warrior duties or daily driving.

NOT another MCNO Muscle Car in Name Only
By VaBch CMC on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

FINALLY! not a MCNO an reasonale price too. I waited for the 2011 after reading about them at the Edmunds site. Performance and MPG is much better than the 2010s. Only had my Candy Red coupe a couple of weeks but love it so far. Because of time some ratings a what I hope for. Runs close to my GTOs and GTX I had from 65- 71.Fun to drive on the two lane back roads and I am getting 23-25 MPG with a mix of driving. I am using 93 OCT gas, and plan to keep using it. I like the SYNC too. I also got a good price on it, as another reviewer said, you don't have to pay MSRP. I drove the Camaro and Challenger too, but think the STANG is best overall. I am looking forward to making driving fun again.

Very fast for a V6
By Ralph on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive. The SYNC is my favorite option that comes with the Premium Package. I bought a Race Red coupe with pony pack and 3:31 rear end. The rear end may be too much for this car as I get kickback when I come to a light. It's kind of like a thrust from the rear end. I had Ford check it out but I'm bringing it back for another look. The SYNC USB port is awesome as I have hundreds of CD's and I downloaded them from Windows Media Player. It's really cool that you can dictate what you want to hear. The hands off phone is another great quality of the SYNC.

Forget what you know about all mustangs!
By mastercheif11 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is by far the best v6 mustang ever, I have owned mustangs since my first car back in 95 which ran for nearly ten years and died with 260k miles, then went to the 07 v6 which was cool but still lacked performance in a big way. The new v6 is completely different, from styling to handling to perfromance it's absolutely incredible. I've owned the car 5 months and I'm still pushing the perfromance limits trying to find an area where the mustang is lacking, to date the only negative driving experience I've encountered is having no room drinks in the cup holders (on a manual) and a little bit of nose bob at high speeds.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$152 per month*