2011 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Kona Blue Convertable
By "Early School Mustan on 08/26/10 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife & I rented a 2010 Mustang convertible to drive from Kentucky to the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen in early August. That rental proved a stronger sales tool than any dealership could ever provide. When reading the features of the 2011 model, we decided they far outweighed any price savings obtainable from a 2010 year end deal. We love the styling, peppy V-6 305 hp with smooth sounding dual stainless steel exhausts. The sync system takes a little adopting to. My short drives to/from work a a real joy; whenever the top is down. Evening drives with the top down are exhilarating!

V6 is a Blast to Drive.
By Jim F on 07/23/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Automobile magazine writers have had good reviews on this car, and that encouraged me to check out the V6 305 HP engine. (3.7 liter) My last V6 Mustang (1974 Mach 1) had a 2.8 liter Cologne engine. Absolutely no comparison possible. The old car could get 25 MPG; This car can get up and boogie, and still give me 28.8 MPG on the freeway at 77 MPH. It has good handling characteristics, good looks, and good build quality. My wife really liked the A/C and the ride. Our one gripe is a small trunk. Don't plan on bringing a lot of luggage if you take a 1000 mile trip, unless you want to use the back seat for the extra suitcase. We are very happy with the car.

Driving my new 5.0 Mustang
By My new 5.0 'stang on 07/12/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2011 V8 GT Mustang is incredible! Its extremely fast and it rides and handles very good. Mine has the 6spd auto trans, premium trimmed Grabber Blue with the 401A interior trim pkge with the blue seat stripes and stitching. I ordered the Shaker 1000 stereo which is totally awesome. Got the exterior conv pkge 6 with dual side vents, hood scoop, deck lid trim panel and pedestal spoiler. 19 inch painted nickel alum wheels (very nice and probably rare). Drop the top and enjoy it. This is my ninth Mustang since 1968. Just started enjoying my car.

Love this new V6
By KC on 06/21/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Have only put about 1,000 miles on my new Mustang convertible but it's already easily the best Mustang I have owned. The power from this new V6 is outstanding and the handling and braking are top notch. I have the 6 spd Auto and it handles the engine very well. Steering is direct and well weighted, controls all feel of the highest quality. This is the first Mustang I've driven that feels in many ways like my Honda's. In fact, with the real aluminum trim and fabulous Sync system this Mustang is more luxurious and sophisticated than most other cars in it's price class. And top down, well, nothing is better. Top is thick and seals very well.

What a deal!
By Dan on 06/15/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second Mustang I have owned but the first one was about 20 years ago. The car is as good as every review had written land more. I actually got stopped by the police in rural Wisconsin to check on the missing license permit which was in the front window as the car is a CV. What they really wanted to do is ask questions about the vehicle which they did.

Best (only) Mustang since my 1969 Mach 1
By NFH38 on 05/18/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Overall a lot of fun and a great value among high performance cars. Fit and finish to a surprising high standard...this is my first American car in many years and I had almost given up. Powertrain is awesome and electronics suite is better than my Audi. Ergonomics and cabin convenience are sorely lacking. Glove box won't even hold manuals. No place to put mailbox keys etc. Cupholder makes shifting clumsy and needs better design. Yes, we do need a water bottle in the car in an AZ summer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible in WA is:

$178 per month*