Used 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

GT auto transmission hesitation
By paboy1

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT and it has for the most part been the best mustang I have ever owned. I do have one concern and it is the automatic transmissions timing. I have read alot about problems with the manual transmission online, but I have had issues with my transmission being very hesitent. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues? I notice it more in the mornings and when i am slowing at stop signs in town..there seems to be too long of smooth shift from the gearing? sometimes i put on the gas and its sits a bit then kicks in and jerks my head. this is a new transmission for me (6 speed) and told by Ford it is a normal variant to this transmission. anyone else???

I have been a Ford man all my life and this is my 4th mustang, it is best by far. i love the look, feel, and drive in comparison to past mustangs. it is more classy and yet still very tough. the leather interior is very comfortable and all options are at an easy reach. i also have the glass roof which adds even more fun to the ride. there has been a learning curve for me on all the new tech equipment, such as sync but i am getting there. I do think the navigation system needs to learn to understand hillbilly because it can never understand my destinations. LOL

all in all i am very happy with my new mustang GT, again, my only concern is the transmission with its hesitation. I am glad I do not have issues as the other owners are having with the manual models. It seems that there could be a fix for the hesitation in shifting with the automatic transmission??? I am no mechanic but it just does not feel right and I do not want to wait until the transmission is out of warranty before I get this figured out.

Wow
By tbutton

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My wife drives a 3 series and I've been jealous confined to a 3/4 ton pickup for several years. I've looked at a zillion cars including Minis, Audi S4, 1 Series, Mazdaspeed3, GTI, etc. So glad I settled on this. It is beautiful on the outside and drives as neatly buttoned down as the 3 series. But boy does it get up and go better than just about anything. And what a sweet noise it makes when you hit about 4000 rpm. The Brembo package not only brings her to a stop quickly but gives it a great feel on the road with no body roll at all. And as a tall guy, the room in the front seats is appreciated far more than the 3 series cockpit. Forget the back seats. lol

SYNC rocks, but expect to spend some time memorizing command that matter to you. Brembos amaze. And the kind of gunsmoke wheels that come with the package get compliments right and left. I also think this is probably the best body styling ever on a mustang. It looks mean and the stock spoiler doesn't look corny. Finally, that 5.0 liter is phenomenal.

Telescope would be nice, but I am very comfortable. Some better storage options for things you want easy access to like your phone, a coffee card, etc. Even just having a pocket on the sunvisor would be a massive boon. I'd certainly use it more than the mirror.

Best of the current American muscle cars
By James B.

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you want the best all around muscle car in the U.S., the new Mustang GT is what you want. It's got the best performance for the dollar. Capable of the best MPG, the most innovative engineering, has the best visibility, the best interior & weighs the least. The 5.0-liter engine bellows tones worthy of a THX-certified soundtrack. The base brakes are good, but the Brembo's are way better & offer serious stopping power needed to reign in the 412-horses. It's also a bargain for what you get especially if you're considering any of the 19" wheels. The 6-speed tranny offers short, positive shifts and a buttery smooth feel. It's great for weekend warrior duties or daily driving.

The sweet sounding 5.0 Ti-VCT engine by far. It pulls like a screaming banshee all the way to redline. Ford's SYNC is awesome! It offers bluetooth connectivity to cell phones, MP3 players, and various other functions such as traffic, navigation, & search features. Love the 401A interior as well.

I've owned 5-Mustang GT's & this is the best Mustang I've ever owned by far. I can't really think of anything that needs to be improved without adding excessive cost to the vehicle. My only suggestion would be to continue to incrementally improve the vehicle, to keep up with the bang-for- the-buck.

NOT another MCNO Muscle Car in Name Only
By VaBch CMC

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

FINALLY! not a MCNO an reasonale price too. I waited for the 2011 after reading about them at the Edmunds site. Performance and MPG is much better than the 2010s. Only had my Candy Red coupe a couple of weeks but love it so far. Because of time some ratings a what I hope for. Runs close to my GTOs and GTX I had from 65- 71.Fun to drive on the two lane back roads and I am getting 23-25 MPG with a mix of driving. I am using 93 OCT gas, and plan to keep using it. I like the SYNC too. I also got a good price on it, as another reviewer said, you don't have to pay MSRP. I drove the Camaro and Challenger too, but think the STANG is best overall. I am looking forward to making driving fun again.

412 hp, 6M, SYNC, styling, handling, electric PS, love the candy red, satellite radio, leather int, the MPG, basically everything about it. This car is great for short merge lanes, no problem getting to hi-way speed for merging.

I prefer XM over Sirius radio. I would love a functional hood scoop like I had on my "69 Judge ram air IV" and 70 GTX 440-six pack. Don't know if it would help performance. But on my GTX, it was flat on hood until flipped switch inside and it rose from the hood, very cool, also had P-47 shark teeth.

Great Performance, Great Value
By Grabber Blue 5.0

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

In a word: Awesome. This is my 3rd late model Mustang, and the new 5.0 engine is tops. Combined with the 6 speed manual, 3:73 gears, and Brembo brakes, it performs well beyond my capabilities. However, there are issues due to Govnmt regulations. One, if you shift softly, it will force you from 1st to 4th. Thanks, EPA. It lugs way to much when this happens, and I will soon tear into and disconnect this. Second, why all the electronics? I don't want power windows, Sirus radio, TPS, and all the other gadgets that are standard. Just want pure performance, less weight, and raw power. Otherwise, an awesome machine for sure.

5.0 engine, 6 speed, Brembo brakes, Grabber Blue color

Smaller wheels than 19", needs manual windows, no Sirius radio, no TPS, no airbags, and no EPA required skip shifts. Unclutter our cars from unreliable electronics.