Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Big Improvement
By ibtd

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 and this is a whole different car. Performance and handling are excellent and gas mileage, considering performance, is excellent too. With 4000 miles on it now I average 20.5 locally and 30 highway (manual transmission). I also have the MCA package, heated seats, and rear view camera (surprisingly convenient). One thing I would change would be to get the 3.31 axle. With the standard gearing it isn't turning high enough rpm to easily maintain speed on hills in 6th gear and legal highway speeds. 6th is pretty useless below 70 mph.

Favorite Features

Styling and performance

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders and change the latch on the console lid (tends to open with your elbow). Make 3.31 axle the standard.

V6 6 speed Auto Premium in Race Red
By Ralph Lugo

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The 2011 model Mustang is a very tight ride with a quick engine and transmission. I have the upgraded 3.31 rear end which took about 1100 miles to break in. I will forewarn anyone to be extra careful during this break-in period as the car will thrust forward after a slight delay from the gas pedal. I have the pony package and premium model. The SYNC voice activated system is without question my biggest surprise and I highly recommend this option. I'm still learning the intricacies of it but the hands off phone is awesome. Look these cars over and you might decide to order one the way you want it.

Favorite Features

SYNC system, Ambient lighting including the Mustang name on the door sill and the dashboard gauges. I have 4 gigs of music at my command using the USB port. It's the fastest 6 cyl car I've ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Holder for sunglasses and more storage space. These are minor compared to the pros.

High quality, fun to drive
By S. Karnik

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am really enjoying my new 2011 Mustang. Have had it for 2 weeks only, but inside it's very roomy, engine sounds great, fun to drive, and really flies on the highway. Comfortable on extended drives. Great interior quality, strong engine, American manufacturing at its best. Get premium, be patient and find one w/ saddle leather interior, it's the nicest. Best car at this price. American made. Buy a 2011 Ford Mustang.

Favorite Features

- Acceleration - Strong brakes - Very roomy inside (unlike Camaro)

Suggested Improvements

climate dials are a little low, hard to access. But that's it.

Love this car
By jim gibson

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I drive it I get 29 mpg. Wife only gets 24-25-mpg. If you are 6'2" with long legs there is not enough room for you. Other than that it's fine.

Favorite Features

every thing.

Suggested Improvements

move drivers seat back 1-foot.

Karma's what I named her
By karma

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am absolutely in love with my Stang. I got the v6 Premium and the upgrades are definitely worth it. Kona blue with white racing stripes is so sharp. Handles corners with ease, sounds great, the comfort is there. My friends fight over who gets to sit in the back. Definitely looking forward to modifying it.

Favorite Features

Ambient lighting, kona blue, 18 inch wheels, comfort of the leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Change compartment, louder exhaust, more storage room. Other than that, its perfect