Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

V6, 305 HP
By egoodman

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I own our 2011 stang since October 2010. Kono Blue! Wow! What a sweet ride. Ford did a great job and the 305 hp makes the car right there with last years GT model. I have kept right with 2010 GT's with my little V6. One thing I would recommend to all stang owners. Put a Flowmaster exhaust on it. Wow, it makes the car sound so bad ass. It gives the car a sweet growl, sounds louder than the standard V-8 model. I have had my flowmaster on for the past few months and makes the car sound aggressive but not obnoxious. The 2011 Stang is way nicer than the camaro, more comfortable and the interior is classy not plastic that looks cheap like in the camaro. Live a little and get one.

The quick acceleration and the way it hugs the road.

mustang surprise
By zimboy

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in the US for 8 years having preferred European sports cars. I thought the Mustang might lack the handling, fun and feel i have been used to. I bought a race red with american mustang club package which looks striking especially with the silver grey alloys. It is a pleasure to drive and skidpad performance was best i have ever had. Its a car that can cruise in style and be thrown around with confidence. And with great pricing it is very hard to beat.

great looks, retro interior and the bulging bonnet, great cruising and cornering ability

quick-link is not a feature despite listed in the manual, cupnholders in the rear, clearer buttons on the steering wheel

2011 V6 Mustang-Hesitation
By richardzuccaro

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall my 2011 V6 Mustang with automatic transmission is a really fine car EXCEPT for the 1-2 second hesitation when trying to accelerate suddenly for passing or entering a highway. The dealer claims its probably only a half-second delay but I confirmed again its close to 2 seconds. At age 61 I am not drag racing. This hesitation has been quite dangerous several times( praise the Lord for his protection)before accelerating like my first new muscle car, a 1969 GTO. I was a part-time auto mechanic in '69-70 and will research the possible cause since the Ford dealer has failed me.

The Kona Blue and the car's styling look beautiful .

Please tune the car to accelerate timely in real world passing situations, not just zero to 60 mph, etc.

The Pony Express
By Eric Goodman

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I have now had our first Ford Mustang for approximately 1 1/2 months with just over 1900 miles. The car is the bomb. Kona Metallic Blue, auto and the car has plenty of power. No need to spend the extra $ 7,500 dollars on the 5.0. The V-6, 305 is plenty fast for the non dragster. Heck, the 2010 GT had 315 HP, 10 less HP and that was the cats meow last year. The duel exhaust sounds great and has a nice growl to it. Handles great and very comfortable on long trips. I get 30 mpg on highway with cruise control set for 70 mph and that's using regular fuel. Overall, Bang for Buck, the best pony car on the market to date. Ford did its homework and look out camaro.

Retro looks, Car really takes off and once it hits 4,000 rpm. Aggressive looks. How hot my wife looks when she is cruising in the stang.

None

My New Pony
By Evanjs

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car Ive only had it for a week but it is great. Plenty of power for me and handles like a dream in wet conditions. Love driving it and seeing the big hood in front of me. The ride on the base v-6 is almost luxury car smooth and absorbs bumps well. Gas mileage is also good I averaged 34.5 at 60mph the day I drove it off the lot. Interior is plain but nice, armrest could be better and the steering wheel needs to telescope not just tilt. I also feel that the headlights should have an auto off feature standard.

The exterior look and color (sterling gray). Driving at low rpm with the growl of the engine, the whole driving experience basically.

Make the armrest more padded, add a telescoping steering wheel, make auto lights standard, raise passenger seat higher.

• SUV