Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Get the V8. Heated Seats are great. Stereo is awesome. Love the california special package! The new V8 "coyote engine" is absolutely beautiful. The ability to change the color of dash and sill plate lighting and accent lights to any color is really cool.

Don't change a thing. You should put this engine in everything ford makes.

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway.

Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

The engine! Also, the interior has a lot more customizable features than I expected. Sync works great, the customizable gauges and ambient light are cool touches. The dual exhaust is awesome. I like that I have a V6 mustang and it doesn't feel like it's a second-tier mustang. It doesn't feel like a cheaper version of the GT like the older models. I love it, it gets a lot of compliments.

The center console design is a bit cumbersome. There are a lot of buttons, and it's taking me a while to get used to their placement. Although I can do a lot with the steering mounted controls, I find that i have to take my eyes off the road a lot to adjust climate control, or when I sync to my phone via bluetooth, I have to go through a few menus every time to get it to work. Easy solution is to plug in a USB cord, but I like not having to mess with cords all the time. This is splitting hairs, but maybe a launch control? The car is powerful but underwhelming until it hits it's power band. Needs a telescoping wheel.

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used.
I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop.
It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired.
My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine.
I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL.
Much better bang for the buck.

I love the gas mileage. 23-26 in the city and 30-32 on the highway. Automatic transmission shifts almost unnoticed. Love the changeable lighting on the instrument panel.

Longer seat belts, not all of us are thin toothpicks. I worry about belting in the winter with a heavy coat on. Belts may not fit at all. I had no issues with the Fusion. It feels a bit unstable over bumps, I know that seems to be common with convertibles.

I was surprised!
By regularguynlr

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Ok.
First, I'm a Corvette fan.
So when my partner bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Convertible Auto; I thought I would not like it but that I would just have to be supportive.
But to my surprise.
I love this car!!
I have a 2005 Vette Convertible and I would much rather take the Mustang on a trip than the Vette!
I know.
I can't believe it but its the truth.
This car is comfortable, fast, will take a curve like nobody's bussiness and looks pretty good doing it too.
If your thinking about one, Get it!
You won't be sorry, maybe surprised like me.

Ride, comfort, looks, power, navigation and sync system, handling and sound.

Gas mileage sucks! (21 on the highway) Of course you prolly don't buy one of these for the gas mileage. Maybe they could do a fuel management system like GM does.

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned.
I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

Gas mileage is as advertised (when you keep it under 65mph), 6 speed transmission is great. Tight cornering. Excellent accelleration

no spare/donut tire. Not even an option. Wasn't told about. Wouldn't have bought this one without a real spare/donut. Incredible to think Ford would sell their Muscle car without one. Include a spare! Get better accountability from Ford Customer Relations and Dealership.