2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Beware of Manual Transmission - Built in China and Problematic
By jmatero2 on 09/06/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustangs V6 and V8 are equipped with a Getrag Ford MT82 manual transmission built in China. These cars are not the subject of a safety investigation by the NHTSA as owners are reporting they are unable to shift. Personally, I lost my first transmission at 1400 miles, and my second transmission at 3,000 miles. This is a known issue and despite customer complaints all over the internet, they have refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a fix.

2011 Mustang
By galonahorse67 on 07/31/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchased a used 2011 Mustang Convertible w/ 22k. Like the look, but extremely unhappy with the quality of some interior parts as well as the Ford 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty. First thing wrong is my 6-way power drivers seat makes a terrible noise and moves very slow to not at all at times and Ford says that because it still works they will not replace it so play with it until it goes out. Has an engine or tranny hesitation, then the radio buttons on the steering wheel have the paint chipping off and the tan convertible top shows the black grease everytime you put it down. I am no kid and am not hard on my baby but very disappointed in the car and Ford.

Can't wait to drive it everyday with the top down!
By mgsurf on 07/18/11 09:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Been an import guy for 20+ years but decided to "upgrade" to the new Mustang. It's roomier without feeling like a boat, better on gas milage than some imports and built rock solid. Great commuter.

Fun Car
By davyx38 on 07/08/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had the 5.0 for about 6 months now and would say overall I'm impressed. As far as performance goes it is top notch. From the manual, engine, brakes, to the handling everything comes together. Other things I like is overall comfort, the car is quiet on the highway and seating is good. Overall most professional reviews hit the good and bad for this car. I'm averaging about 19.5 mpg with the 3.55.

GT auto transmission hesitation
By paboy1 on 07/07/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT and it has for the most part been the best mustang I have ever owned. I do have one concern and it is the automatic transmissions timing. I have read alot about problems with the manual transmission online, but I have had issues with my transmission being very hesitent. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues? I notice it more in the mornings and when i am slowing at stop signs in town..there seems to be too long of smooth shift from the gearing? sometimes i put on the gas and its sits a bit then kicks in and jerks my head. this is a new transmission for me (6 speed) and told by Ford it is a normal variant to this transmission. anyone else???

Tale of Two Mustangs
By chask7 on 06/28/11 05:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

In fall of 2010 I bought a 2011 GT with the Brembo package and 3.73 gears. This spring I traded that car for one with standard 18" wheels and 3.31 rear. What a difference! The suspension on the Brembo package handled well, but the ride beat you up. Plus, the summer-only tires had to be taken off for the winter, even in NC. The 3.73 gears gave great acceleration, but made for too much noise on the highway; first gear was superfluous. The newer car rides nicely, and still handles well. With the 3.31 gears you give up some acceleration but get a relaxed cruiser, up to 30 mpg. So, consider your options carefully before you buy.

Great Fun & Value
By patmiii on 06/20/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We are in our 50s & have had this car 7 mos and can't be more pleased. In the past we have had Japanese vehicles. This time we decided to find an American car that wouldn't be so practical as an SUV or basic sedan. The power & handling of this car is outstanding. The acceleration is so smooth. The overall feel of quality has been a surprise since the test drive. Gas mileage was a big surprise at 29-32 mpg on the highway. We love the manual 6speed tranny. A month ago we rented the automatic for a week & came away knowing the manual trans was best for us. Much more fun. The automatic did not shift exactly when needed. It's still a good car but the manual rocks. No problems so far.

Pleasantly surprised with this new 3.7L Mustang
By sc_kona_blue on 06/01/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first domestic sports car purchase. So I had high expectations. I of course bought it with the Performance Package! I have been extremely happy with the performance, handling, and reliability of this car. I have added a ProCharger supercharger and a full exhaust. Its now making over 500 HP. I was the first 3.7L mustang to hit the 12's in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a V6. I still get 21MPG in the city. I gave it a 4 for the interior. The seats are made for a guy who is about 5'10" and 200lbs. I am 5'8" and 160. Its a bit large for me. Also there is no dead pedal. There is a great forum specifically for this car at v6mustangperformance dot com if you want to learn more about it.

V6, 305 HP
By egoodman on 05/27/11 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I own our 2011 stang since October 2010. Kono Blue! Wow! What a sweet ride. Ford did a great job and the 305 hp makes the car right there with last years GT model. I have kept right with 2010 GT's with my little V6. One thing I would recommend to all stang owners. Put a Flowmaster exhaust on it. Wow, it makes the car sound so bad ass. It gives the car a sweet growl, sounds louder than the standard V-8 model. I have had my flowmaster on for the past few months and makes the car sound aggressive but not obnoxious. The 2011 Stang is way nicer than the camaro, more comfortable and the interior is classy not plastic that looks cheap like in the camaro. Live a little and get one.

Wow
By tbutton on 05/26/11 18:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My wife drives a 3 series and I've been jealous confined to a 3/4 ton pickup for several years. I've looked at a zillion cars including Minis, Audi S4, 1 Series, Mazdaspeed3, GTI, etc. So glad I settled on this. It is beautiful on the outside and drives as neatly buttoned down as the 3 series. But boy does it get up and go better than just about anything. And what a sweet noise it makes when you hit about 4000 rpm. The Brembo package not only brings her to a stop quickly but gives it a great feel on the road with no body roll at all. And as a tall guy, the room in the front seats is appreciated far more than the 3 series cockpit. Forget the back seats. lol

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang in WA is:

$190 per month*