2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude on 06/11/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

My First Hotrod
By bughunt on 02/15/12 14:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Loaded (all I didn't get was the glass roof, HID headlights, and gaudy louvers and scoops) with a 3.55 rear diff, I've had this car for just over a year and no complaints. I've never had a "fast car" let alone muscle car before so, performance wise, it's like I'm driving a superhero (well mannered, but capable of things that put - and leave - a smile on your face that stays all day). I've heard a lot of talk on the tranny, but I've had no problems at 6500mi (2nd car and don't drive a lot). Took a pro-driving class and was amazed. She cornered as if on rails as they say. Rated at 16/25mpg City/Hwy, I see 14/22 in WA which puts additives in the gas.

Stang Number Three
By mustangsd on 12/18/11 14:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My new 2011 5.0 Mustang Premium is our third Mustang and the best yet. We owned a 1969 and now own a 2008 CS/GT and 2011 5.0. Great car and would highly recommend.

Beware of Manual Transmission - Built in China and Problematic
By jmatero2 on 09/06/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustangs V6 and V8 are equipped with a Getrag Ford MT82 manual transmission built in China. These cars are not the subject of a safety investigation by the NHTSA as owners are reporting they are unable to shift. Personally, I lost my first transmission at 1400 miles, and my second transmission at 3,000 miles. This is a known issue and despite customer complaints all over the internet, they have refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a fix.

Fun Car
By davyx38 on 07/08/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had the 5.0 for about 6 months now and would say overall I'm impressed. As far as performance goes it is top notch. From the manual, engine, brakes, to the handling everything comes together. Other things I like is overall comfort, the car is quiet on the highway and seating is good. Overall most professional reviews hit the good and bad for this car. I'm averaging about 19.5 mpg with the 3.55.

GT auto transmission hesitation
By paboy1 on 07/07/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT and it has for the most part been the best mustang I have ever owned. I do have one concern and it is the automatic transmissions timing. I have read alot about problems with the manual transmission online, but I have had issues with my transmission being very hesitent. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues? I notice it more in the mornings and when i am slowing at stop signs in town..there seems to be too long of smooth shift from the gearing? sometimes i put on the gas and its sits a bit then kicks in and jerks my head. this is a new transmission for me (6 speed) and told by Ford it is a normal variant to this transmission. anyone else???

Wow
By tbutton on 05/26/11 18:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My wife drives a 3 series and I've been jealous confined to a 3/4 ton pickup for several years. I've looked at a zillion cars including Minis, Audi S4, 1 Series, Mazdaspeed3, GTI, etc. So glad I settled on this. It is beautiful on the outside and drives as neatly buttoned down as the 3 series. But boy does it get up and go better than just about anything. And what a sweet noise it makes when you hit about 4000 rpm. The Brembo package not only brings her to a stop quickly but gives it a great feel on the road with no body roll at all. And as a tall guy, the room in the front seats is appreciated far more than the 3 series cockpit. Forget the back seats. lol

Best of the current American muscle cars
By James B. on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you want the best all around muscle car in the U.S., the new Mustang GT is what you want. It's got the best performance for the dollar. Capable of the best MPG, the most innovative engineering, has the best visibility, the best interior & weighs the least. The 5.0-liter engine bellows tones worthy of a THX-certified soundtrack. The base brakes are good, but the Brembo's are way better & offer serious stopping power needed to reign in the 412-horses. It's also a bargain for what you get especially if you're considering any of the 19" wheels. The 6-speed tranny offers short, positive shifts and a buttery smooth feel. It's great for weekend warrior duties or daily driving.

NOT another MCNO Muscle Car in Name Only
By VaBch CMC on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

FINALLY! not a MCNO an reasonale price too. I waited for the 2011 after reading about them at the Edmunds site. Performance and MPG is much better than the 2010s. Only had my Candy Red coupe a couple of weeks but love it so far. Because of time some ratings a what I hope for. Runs close to my GTOs and GTX I had from 65- 71.Fun to drive on the two lane back roads and I am getting 23-25 MPG with a mix of driving. I am using 93 OCT gas, and plan to keep using it. I like the SYNC too. I also got a good price on it, as another reviewer said, you don't have to pay MSRP. I drove the Camaro and Challenger too, but think the STANG is best overall. I am looking forward to making driving fun again.

Great Performance, Great Value
By Grabber Blue 5.0 on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

In a word: Awesome. This is my 3rd late model Mustang, and the new 5.0 engine is tops. Combined with the 6 speed manual, 3:73 gears, and Brembo brakes, it performs well beyond my capabilities. However, there are issues due to Govnmt regulations. One, if you shift softly, it will force you from 1st to 4th. Thanks, EPA. It lugs way to much when this happens, and I will soon tear into and disconnect this. Second, why all the electronics? I don't want power windows, Sirus radio, TPS, and all the other gadgets that are standard. Just want pure performance, less weight, and raw power. Otherwise, an awesome machine for sure.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$165 per month*