Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

The engine! Also, the interior has a lot more customizable features than I expected. Sync works great, the customizable gauges and ambient light are cool touches. The dual exhaust is awesome. I like that I have a V6 mustang and it doesn't feel like it's a second-tier mustang. It doesn't feel like a cheaper version of the GT like the older models. I love it, it gets a lot of compliments.

The center console design is a bit cumbersome. There are a lot of buttons, and it's taking me a while to get used to their placement. Although I can do a lot with the steering mounted controls, I find that i have to take my eyes off the road a lot to adjust climate control, or when I sync to my phone via bluetooth, I have to go through a few menus every time to get it to work. Easy solution is to plug in a USB cord, but I like not having to mess with cords all the time. This is splitting hairs, but maybe a launch control? The car is powerful but underwhelming until it hits it's power band. Needs a telescoping wheel.

Pleasantly surprised with this new 3.7L Mustang
By sc_kona_blue

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first domestic sports car purchase. So I had high expectations. I of course bought it with the Performance Package! I have been extremely happy with the performance, handling, and reliability of this car. I have added a ProCharger supercharger and a full exhaust. Its now making over 500 HP. I was the first 3.7L mustang to hit the 12's in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a V6. I still get 21MPG in the city. I gave it a 4 for the interior. The seats are made for a guy who is about 5'10" and 200lbs. I am 5'8" and 160. Its a bit large for me. Also there is no dead pedal. There is a great forum specifically for this car at v6mustangperformance dot com if you want to learn more about it.

I Love the taillights and the performance package wheels. I also like the front Fascia. The Performance package handles very well from the factory. I do a few auto-crosses and road courses each year and this car will do nicely. I also like the aftermarket support for this car. I have already extensively modified the body as the factory choices are pretty weak. This car drives very nicely in town and on the highway. Its neither harsh nor loud. Yet has the power to give you a real kick in the pants. Do not hesitate to test drive this car. I am not a fan of Microsoft and looking to remove their logo from the center console, but SYNC hands free phone is Amazingly nice and much safer!

The car needs a dead pedal and a better shifter bracket. These two things are a must for modifications. The Performance Package Brakes are nothing super special. I would suggest allowing the Big Brake upgrade as part of the factory packages like the GT. Also the 114 MPH speed limiter is ridiculous. Ford forces you to buy or go to an aftermarket tuner to get this and other things changed. Overall this is a great car and I am glad I bought it.

Fun to Drive
By discopsk

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 98 V6 for this Race red V6 Premium with Auto, Pony and Comfort packages. First impression was there is NO STORAGE. No place to put sunglasses, loose change, etc. I love the MyColor. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and the transmission is very smooth. Second tank of gas I got 29 mpg in mixed driving. 1 mpg better than my 98 with double the horsepower and an auto instead of manual tranny. Great job Ford! The Shaker radio sounds great. And I love the retro style which is very reminiscent of my 65 pony. Reliability remains to be seen, but if this car is as good as my 98, I'm a happy camper.

Gas mileage, MyColor, Shaker radio, styling, comfort, power and interior quality.

Give me just a little more storage, and you have a HOME RUN.

Very fast for a V6
By Ralph

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive. The SYNC is my favorite option that comes with the Premium Package. I bought a Race Red coupe with pony pack and 3:31 rear end. The rear end may be too much for this car as I get kickback when I come to a light. It's kind of like a thrust from the rear end. I had Ford check it out but I'm bringing it back for another look. The SYNC USB port is awesome as I have hundreds of CD's and I downloaded them from Windows Media Player. It's really cool that you can dictate what you want to hear. The hands off phone is another great quality of the SYNC.

SYNC. Drive ability is incredible for an automatic V6. People take a second look when I pull up.

How about a sun glass holder? My fuel economy is at 15.6 mpg but I do have a lead foot.

Forget what you know about all mustangs!
By mastercheif11

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is by far the best v6 mustang ever, I have owned mustangs since my first car back in 95 which ran for nearly ten years and died with 260k miles, then went to the 07 v6 which was cool but still lacked performance in a big way. The new v6 is completely different, from styling to handling to perfromance it's absolutely incredible. I've owned the car 5 months and I'm still pushing the perfromance limits trying to find an area where the mustang is lacking, to date the only negative driving experience I've encountered is having no room drinks in the cup holders (on a manual) and a little bit of nose bob at high speeds.

6 speed manual, exhaust sound, traction control, and just getting behind the wheel, wherever I go, driving is a blast, plain and simple you will be smiling every time you get behind the wheel.

move the cup holders!