2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7 on 07/03/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965 on 04/08/12 09:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

1st Mustang & we love it !!
By patmiii on 03/03/12 19:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 16 months & can report no problems at all. Tranny has been good. Sure footed & fun to drive. We usually get 30 mph on highway & the expected 20 mph city. That highway mph was a selling point for us and is pretty incredible. We are keeping close watch on the transmission since we have heard of others with problems but we don't take it to high rpms or shift harshly. We did rent an automatic for 1 wk & highly recommend the manual 6sp. Front seats fit my 6 ft frame very well. One funny note: we are in our 50s & quite regularly come across kids who want to race us. Can't do but would like to get in on a track to see what it can really do. Overall we are very pleased.

Great Fun & Value
By patmiii on 06/20/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We are in our 50s & have had this car 7 mos and can't be more pleased. In the past we have had Japanese vehicles. This time we decided to find an American car that wouldn't be so practical as an SUV or basic sedan. The power & handling of this car is outstanding. The acceleration is so smooth. The overall feel of quality has been a surprise since the test drive. Gas mileage was a big surprise at 29-32 mpg on the highway. We love the manual 6speed tranny. A month ago we rented the automatic for a week & came away knowing the manual trans was best for us. Much more fun. The automatic did not shift exactly when needed. It's still a good car but the manual rocks. No problems so far.

V6, 305 HP
By egoodman on 05/27/11 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I own our 2011 stang since October 2010. Kono Blue! Wow! What a sweet ride. Ford did a great job and the 305 hp makes the car right there with last years GT model. I have kept right with 2010 GT's with my little V6. One thing I would recommend to all stang owners. Put a Flowmaster exhaust on it. Wow, it makes the car sound so bad ass. It gives the car a sweet growl, sounds louder than the standard V-8 model. I have had my flowmaster on for the past few months and makes the car sound aggressive but not obnoxious. The 2011 Stang is way nicer than the camaro, more comfortable and the interior is classy not plastic that looks cheap like in the camaro. Live a little and get one.

mustang surprise
By zimboy on 04/16/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have been in the US for 8 years having preferred European sports cars. I thought the Mustang might lack the handling, fun and feel i have been used to. I bought a race red with american mustang club package which looks striking especially with the silver grey alloys. It is a pleasure to drive and skidpad performance was best i have ever had. Its a car that can cruise in style and be thrown around with confidence. And with great pricing it is very hard to beat.

2011 V6 Mustang-Hesitation
By richardzuccaro on 01/14/11 12:20 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall my 2011 V6 Mustang with automatic transmission is a really fine car EXCEPT for the 1-2 second hesitation when trying to accelerate suddenly for passing or entering a highway. The dealer claims its probably only a half-second delay but I confirmed again its close to 2 seconds. At age 61 I am not drag racing. This hesitation has been quite dangerous several times( praise the Lord for his protection)before accelerating like my first new muscle car, a 1969 GTO. I was a part-time auto mechanic in '69-70 and will research the possible cause since the Ford dealer has failed me.

The Pony Express
By Eric Goodman on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I have now had our first Ford Mustang for approximately 1 1/2 months with just over 1900 miles. The car is the bomb. Kona Metallic Blue, auto and the car has plenty of power. No need to spend the extra $ 7,500 dollars on the 5.0. The V-6, 305 is plenty fast for the non dragster. Heck, the 2010 GT had 315 HP, 10 less HP and that was the cats meow last year. The duel exhaust sounds great and has a nice growl to it. Handles great and very comfortable on long trips. I get 30 mpg on highway with cruise control set for 70 mph and that's using regular fuel. Overall, Bang for Buck, the best pony car on the market to date. Ford did its homework and look out camaro.

My New Pony
By Evanjs on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car Ive only had it for a week but it is great. Plenty of power for me and handles like a dream in wet conditions. Love driving it and seeing the big hood in front of me. The ride on the base v-6 is almost luxury car smooth and absorbs bumps well. Gas mileage is also good I averaged 34.5 at 60mph the day I drove it off the lot. Interior is plain but nice, armrest could be better and the steering wheel needs to telescope not just tilt. I also feel that the headlights should have an auto off feature standard.

So pleased I am gushing
By Patrick M. on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We had two older cars, one a 96 M. Miata. Wanted to buy American so narrowed it down to the Mustang after reading about the improvements on the 11 model. One minute into the test drive had me WOWED. Have had it 10 days & driven it all over the city, cruised the interstate & taken it out on winding rural rds. This car is so fun. It's nimble & smooth. The manual trans is very nice. Gas mileage as advertised is no joke. We got 29.5 mpg on a 300 mile highway drive. Every time I am in that car I am ear to ear smiles. No car has ever affected me this way.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$152 per month*