Used 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

Favorite Features

HP, adjustable Steering, Overall Feel, Shifter, seats, visibility, cabin room

Suggested Improvements

My Mustang is only 5 months old and I have already had the A/C fixed and new front control arms. Plus it has a hard time going into third gear at times and the remote works when it wants. So it would be nice if Ford improved its build quality.

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Favorite Features

Get the V8. Heated Seats are great. Stereo is awesome. Love the california special package! The new V8 "coyote engine" is absolutely beautiful. The ability to change the color of dash and sill plate lighting and accent lights to any color is really cool.

Suggested Improvements

Don't change a thing. You should put this engine in everything ford makes.

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

Favorite Features

The engine! Also, the interior has a lot more customizable features than I expected. Sync works great, the customizable gauges and ambient light are cool touches. The dual exhaust is awesome. I like that I have a V6 mustang and it doesn't feel like it's a second-tier mustang. It doesn't feel like a cheaper version of the GT like the older models. I love it, it gets a lot of compliments.

Suggested Improvements

The center console design is a bit cumbersome. There are a lot of buttons, and it's taking me a while to get used to their placement. Although I can do a lot with the steering mounted controls, I find that i have to take my eyes off the road a lot to adjust climate control, or when I sync to my phone via bluetooth, I have to go through a few menus every time to get it to work. Easy solution is to plug in a USB cord, but I like not having to mess with cords all the time. This is splitting hairs, but maybe a launch control? The car is powerful but underwhelming until it hits it's power band. Needs a telescoping wheel.

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is as advertised (when you keep it under 65mph), 6 speed transmission is great. Tight cornering. Excellent accelleration

Suggested Improvements

no spare/donut tire. Not even an option. Wasn't told about. Wouldn't have bought this one without a real spare/donut. Incredible to think Ford would sell their Muscle car without one. Include a spare! Get better accountability from Ford Customer Relations and Dealership.

1st Mustang & we love it !!
By patmiii

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 16 months & can report no problems at all. Tranny has been good. Sure footed & fun to drive. We usually get 30 mph on highway & the expected 20 mph city. That highway mph was a selling point for us and is pretty incredible. We are keeping close watch on the transmission since we have heard of others with problems but we don't take it to high rpms or shift harshly. We did rent an automatic for 1 wk & highly recommend the manual 6sp. Front seats fit my 6 ft frame very well. One funny note: we are in our 50s & quite regularly come across kids who want to race us. Can't do but would like to get in on a track to see what it can really do. Overall we are very pleased.

Favorite Features

Power and agility. Smooth shifting 6 sp manual tranny. Great highway mpg.

Suggested Improvements

None that we can think of.