2011 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7 on 07/03/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude on 06/11/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80 on 11/09/12 09:20 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965 on 04/08/12 09:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

1st Mustang & we love it !!
By patmiii on 03/03/12 19:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 16 months & can report no problems at all. Tranny has been good. Sure footed & fun to drive. We usually get 30 mph on highway & the expected 20 mph city. That highway mph was a selling point for us and is pretty incredible. We are keeping close watch on the transmission since we have heard of others with problems but we don't take it to high rpms or shift harshly. We did rent an automatic for 1 wk & highly recommend the manual 6sp. Front seats fit my 6 ft frame very well. One funny note: we are in our 50s & quite regularly come across kids who want to race us. Can't do but would like to get in on a track to see what it can really do. Overall we are very pleased.

My First Hotrod
By bughunt on 02/15/12 14:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Loaded (all I didn't get was the glass roof, HID headlights, and gaudy louvers and scoops) with a 3.55 rear diff, I've had this car for just over a year and no complaints. I've never had a "fast car" let alone muscle car before so, performance wise, it's like I'm driving a superhero (well mannered, but capable of things that put - and leave - a smile on your face that stays all day). I've heard a lot of talk on the tranny, but I've had no problems at 6500mi (2nd car and don't drive a lot). Took a pro-driving class and was amazed. She cornered as if on rails as they say. Rated at 16/25mpg City/Hwy, I see 14/22 in WA which puts additives in the gas.

Stang Number Three
By mustangsd on 12/18/11 14:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My new 2011 5.0 Mustang Premium is our third Mustang and the best yet. We owned a 1969 and now own a 2008 CS/GT and 2011 5.0. Great car and would highly recommend.

Beware of Manual Transmission - Built in China and Problematic
By jmatero2 on 09/06/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustangs V6 and V8 are equipped with a Getrag Ford MT82 manual transmission built in China. These cars are not the subject of a safety investigation by the NHTSA as owners are reporting they are unable to shift. Personally, I lost my first transmission at 1400 miles, and my second transmission at 3,000 miles. This is a known issue and despite customer complaints all over the internet, they have refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a fix.

Fun Car
By davyx38 on 07/08/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had the 5.0 for about 6 months now and would say overall I'm impressed. As far as performance goes it is top notch. From the manual, engine, brakes, to the handling everything comes together. Other things I like is overall comfort, the car is quiet on the highway and seating is good. Overall most professional reviews hit the good and bad for this car. I'm averaging about 19.5 mpg with the 3.55.

GT auto transmission hesitation
By paboy1 on 07/07/11 12:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Mustang GT and it has for the most part been the best mustang I have ever owned. I do have one concern and it is the automatic transmissions timing. I have read alot about problems with the manual transmission online, but I have had issues with my transmission being very hesitent. I am wondering if anyone has similar issues? I notice it more in the mornings and when i am slowing at stop signs in town..there seems to be too long of smooth shift from the gearing? sometimes i put on the gas and its sits a bit then kicks in and jerks my head. this is a new transmission for me (6 speed) and told by Ford it is a normal variant to this transmission. anyone else???

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$152 per month*