Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Can't wait to drive it everyday with the top down!
By mgsurf

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Been an import guy for 20+ years but decided to "upgrade" to the new Mustang. It's roomier without feeling like a boat, better on gas milage than some imports and built rock solid. Great commuter.

Favorite Features

Convertible. Sync system.

Suggested Improvements

Rear end design. Telescoping steering wheel. Extra cigarette lighter on the dash. But this is nit picking.

What a blast!
By David

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the base v6 convertible. Only option is the 6 speed auto. All the positives in the reviews are spot-on. This car is sensational! The negatives I've read don't even apply (at least to me). My 6,1" son has sat in the back - with the driver's seat in normal position (I am 6'). He said he wouldn't want to sit there all day, but even a couple hours would be fine. That was a surprise - I thought the back seat was just for the insurance companies. I have only 1,000 miles on the car (had it for 2 wks) - and got 30 mpg on a 90 minute trip the other day. And that included an - ahem - acceleration test on the highway. A blast to drive, and that's with the top up. Top down - fantastic!

Favorite Features

Styling is near perfection. Performance is near-perfection. Ride quality and handling amazing. Major, major kudos to Ford for this terrific car - and the price is unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the seat backs to return to previous position when you've had to let someone into the back seat. Would like gear indicator (auto) on dash. How's that for nit-picky?

V6 is a Blast to Drive.
By Jim F

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Automobile magazine writers have had good reviews on this car, and that encouraged me to check out the V6 305 HP engine. (3.7 liter) My last V6 Mustang (1974 Mach 1) had a 2.8 liter Cologne engine. Absolutely no comparison possible. The old car could get 25 MPG; This car can get up and boogie, and still give me 28.8 MPG on the freeway at 77 MPH. It has good handling characteristics, good looks, and good build quality. My wife really liked the A/C and the ride. Our one gripe is a small trunk. Don't plan on bringing a lot of luggage if you take a 1000 mile trip, unless you want to use the back seat for the extra suitcase. We are very happy with the car.

Favorite Features

The V6 gets great mileage. I'm at 27.6 after 4000 miles. It may improve after break in. The steering feel is wonderful. The paint work is excellent. The seats are very comfortable. The power top has a recessed handle in the header bar making it easy to secure to the windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Improved interior storage for CD's sunglasses, etc. The door pockets don't have enough room. No back seat legroom for an adult unless front seat is far forward. Speedometer markings are too close together. Trunk capacity is tiny. My 1992 SAAB 900 convertible had a bigger trunk. Needs DRL's.