Used 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang. The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang. I was hooked. After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it. Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP. Great bang for the buck!

Favorite Features

The lines of the car simply captivated me. Handling is crisp, solid and predictable. An absolute joy to drive. Noise level is quite good, but after four hours can become tiring. Acceleration is awe inspiring. Flooring the accelerator during a freeway merge, the 5.0 never seems to run out of power... it simply keeps pulling through the gears, and easily exceeds any speed limit. The NAV and SYNC systems with Bluetooth connectivity and USB flash drive jukebox are fantastic. Fuel economy is as advertised, but a heavy foot is penalized. The new 5.0 engine is destined to be a classic - the story of the development of the Coyote is a tour de force in modern engineering.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage space is limited, and more would be most appreciated. The 6 speed manual transmission close ratio gearing and shifter throw lengths are excellent. The linkage/shifting leaves something to be desired, and is usually smooth and effortless, but occasionally becomes difficult to shift. There are many SIG forum posts on this, and AFAIK, there has been no comprehensive cure. It would not prevent me from buying the car again, but the car is so nearly perfect otherwise, it's a shame to have that one glitch.

I was surprised!
By regularguynlr

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Ok. First, I'm a Corvette fan. So when my partner bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Convertible Auto; I thought I would not like it but that I would just have to be supportive. But to my surprise. I love this car!! I have a 2005 Vette Convertible and I would much rather take the Mustang on a trip than the Vette! I know. I can't believe it but its the truth. This car is comfortable, fast, will take a curve like nobody's bussiness and looks pretty good doing it too. If your thinking about one, Get it! You won't be sorry, maybe surprised like me.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, looks, power, navigation and sync system, handling and sound.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage sucks! (21 on the highway) Of course you prolly don't buy one of these for the gas mileage. Maybe they could do a fuel management system like GM does.

Tweaked GTconvertible
By mustangalan

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought the GT convertible after looking at the Camaro and Challenger. Immediately loved it but decided to add some stealth performance so had the Ford Racing supercharger instaaled along with Magnaflow exhaust to give a little more rumble. Now 600+ horsepower and fast not the word for it. Now a Corvette killer. The Camaro and Challenger don't even come close!

Favorite Features

Performance!!!

Suggested Improvements

Little more leg room and more adjustments on the seats.

2011 MUSTANG GT Convertible
By JIM REED

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my sixth Mustang since 1980, and my third convertible (1984 5.0LX V8 and 1987 GT V8). I had it out for a two hour top down drive today. When you drive this new Mustang GT, you feel as if you're an active part of the car. It fits you so well and is that flawless in everything it does. And its ride, handling and V8 engine performance are all totally off the scale. Ford's new EPAS steering is incredible, best ever. They just seem to have gotten everything right on this car! My Mustang was the first Mustang GT convertible sold by my dealer! It was specially ordered by me and took exactly eight weeks, as promised. I took delivery on July 9th.

Favorite Features

New 5.0 L V8 is outstanding. EPAS steering system. Ride and Handling. Overall quality is top-notch. Ford's Shaker 1000 stereo system is the best one that I've ever heard. The Grabber Blue paint and complete spoilers pkge attract lot's of complements everywhere I go.

Suggested Improvements

Add telescoping steering wheel (from Edge?). Design a little more room into the interior. Move trunk release button from top of the console. Offer Dual Air Conditioning separate from the Nav package.

Driving my new 5.0 Mustang
By My new 5.0 'stang

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2011 V8 GT Mustang is incredible! Its extremely fast and it rides and handles very good. Mine has the 6spd auto trans, premium trimmed Grabber Blue with the 401A interior trim pkge with the blue seat stripes and stitching. I ordered the Shaker 1000 stereo which is totally awesome. Got the exterior conv pkge 6 with dual side vents, hood scoop, deck lid trim panel and pedestal spoiler. 19 inch painted nickel alum wheels (very nice and probably rare). Drop the top and enjoy it. This is my ninth Mustang since 1968. Just started enjoying my car.

Favorite Features

DOHC alum V8 engine, trans, red hot fast styling, best ever ride and handling, leather seat interior comfort and overall build quality. Best conv top design and instillation. Shaker 1000 is truly magnificent. A constant head turner and conversation starter.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping wheel, needs more interior room especially in the rear seat. Ford's excellent Dual Control A/C should be available separately from the navigation system.