Used 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used. I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop. It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired. My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine. I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL. Much better bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

I love the gas mileage. 23-26 in the city and 30-32 on the highway. Automatic transmission shifts almost unnoticed. Love the changeable lighting on the instrument panel.

Suggested Improvements

Longer seat belts, not all of us are thin toothpicks. I worry about belting in the winter with a heavy coat on. Belts may not fit at all. I had no issues with the Fusion. It feels a bit unstable over bumps, I know that seems to be common with convertibles.

2011 Mustang
By galonahorse67

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchased a used 2011 Mustang Convertible w/ 22k. Like the look, but extremely unhappy with the quality of some interior parts as well as the Ford 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty. First thing wrong is my 6-way power drivers seat makes a terrible noise and moves very slow to not at all at times and Ford says that because it still works they will not replace it so play with it until it goes out. Has an engine or tranny hesitation, then the radio buttons on the steering wheel have the paint chipping off and the tan convertible top shows the black grease everytime you put it down. I am no kid and am not hard on my baby but very disappointed in the car and Ford.

Favorite Features

Love the look of the new 2011 standard dual exhaust. Very classy looking car that gets lots of looks and many comments. Like having the Sync system when it actually works sometimes it can be more frustrating than helpful. Sometimes she understands what I say other days she doesn't get one word right. I speak very clear english so not sure what the problem is there.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see better Ford service where their bumper to bumper warranty is concerned. Should not have to jump through hoops when there is a problem that you can show to the service tech. Working with a smaller dealership and wonder if some of the issue is them. Can someone please tell me who I can contact to complain about the warranty issues?

Awsum 11
By nite creature

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This pony pak, V6 is one awesome Mustang, Every where I go, People stop and stare, or shout WOW, handles and rides great, and great power, this is the best ride I ever bought, and I have bought lots of them over the years, the interior is pure quality, and the paint ,candy red is flawless. I have a 67 Mustang also, The 11 is so retro, not like a Camaro, Buy one you won't be disappointed.

Leaky Roof
By Bob

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Good looks and fun to drive, but the roof leaks above driver and passenger windows. After 2 dealer visits, no help so far. Leaks in drive-through car wash. Owners manual and Ford hot line maintain power washing could cause this problem, but car was not exposed to power washer. Haven't driven in more than light rain so severity of problem remains to be seen.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Deeper recessed storage area on top of dashboard. Things have a tendency to "fly off" during even normal acceleration.

Kona Blue Convertable
By "Early School Mustan

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife & I rented a 2010 Mustang convertible to drive from Kentucky to the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen in early August. That rental proved a stronger sales tool than any dealership could ever provide. When reading the features of the 2011 model, we decided they far outweighed any price savings obtainable from a 2010 year end deal. We love the styling, peppy V-6 305 hp with smooth sounding dual stainless steel exhausts. The sync system takes a little adopting to. My short drives to/from work a a real joy; whenever the top is down. Evening drives with the top down are exhilarating!

Favorite Features

Perfect comfort in the electric adjustments for the driver's seat. Interior light tinting to your taste is a "wow". Sync System & Sirius Radio are great! Love the sequential tail lights!

Suggested Improvements

The size opening of the trunk across the bottom creates a real problem loading a wheel chair. A "uniform opening" (like the 2010 model) would be helpful.