2011 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo on 03/22/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang. The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang. I was hooked. After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it. Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP. Great bang for the buck!

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad on 07/26/12 21:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used. I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop. It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired. My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine. I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL. Much better bang for the buck.

I was surprised!
By regularguynlr on 04/09/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Ok. First, I'm a Corvette fan. So when my partner bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Convertible Auto; I thought I would not like it but that I would just have to be supportive. But to my surprise. I love this car!! I have a 2005 Vette Convertible and I would much rather take the Mustang on a trip than the Vette! I know. I can't believe it but its the truth. This car is comfortable, fast, will take a curve like nobody's bussiness and looks pretty good doing it too. If your thinking about one, Get it! You won't be sorry, maybe surprised like me.

2011 Mustang
By galonahorse67 on 07/31/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchased a used 2011 Mustang Convertible w/ 22k. Like the look, but extremely unhappy with the quality of some interior parts as well as the Ford 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty. First thing wrong is my 6-way power drivers seat makes a terrible noise and moves very slow to not at all at times and Ford says that because it still works they will not replace it so play with it until it goes out. Has an engine or tranny hesitation, then the radio buttons on the steering wheel have the paint chipping off and the tan convertible top shows the black grease everytime you put it down. I am no kid and am not hard on my baby but very disappointed in the car and Ford.

Can't wait to drive it everyday with the top down!
By mgsurf on 07/18/11 09:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Been an import guy for 20+ years but decided to "upgrade" to the new Mustang. It's roomier without feeling like a boat, better on gas milage than some imports and built rock solid. Great commuter.

Tweaked GTconvertible
By mustangalan on 04/27/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought the GT convertible after looking at the Camaro and Challenger. Immediately loved it but decided to add some stealth performance so had the Ford Racing supercharger instaaled along with Magnaflow exhaust to give a little more rumble. Now 600+ horsepower and fast not the word for it. Now a Corvette killer. The Camaro and Challenger don't even come close!

What a blast!
By David on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the base v6 convertible. Only option is the 6 speed auto. All the positives in the reviews are spot-on. This car is sensational! The negatives I've read don't even apply (at least to me). My 6,1" son has sat in the back - with the driver's seat in normal position (I am 6'). He said he wouldn't want to sit there all day, but even a couple hours would be fine. That was a surprise - I thought the back seat was just for the insurance companies. I have only 1,000 miles on the car (had it for 2 wks) - and got 30 mpg on a 90 minute trip the other day. And that included an - ahem - acceleration test on the highway. A blast to drive, and that's with the top up. Top down - fantastic!

Awsum 11
By nite creature on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This pony pak, V6 is one awesome Mustang, Every where I go, People stop and stare, or shout WOW, handles and rides great, and great power, this is the best ride I ever bought, and I have bought lots of them over the years, the interior is pure quality, and the paint ,candy red is flawless. I have a 67 Mustang also, The 11 is so retro, not like a Camaro, Buy one you won't be disappointed.

Leaky Roof
By Bob on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Good looks and fun to drive, but the roof leaks above driver and passenger windows. After 2 dealer visits, no help so far. Leaks in drive-through car wash. Owners manual and Ford hot line maintain power washing could cause this problem, but car was not exposed to power washer. Haven't driven in more than light rain so severity of problem remains to be seen.

2011 MUSTANG GT Convertible
By JIM REED on 08/27/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my sixth Mustang since 1980, and my third convertible (1984 5.0LX V8 and 1987 GT V8). I had it out for a two hour top down drive today. When you drive this new Mustang GT, you feel as if you're an active part of the car. It fits you so well and is that flawless in everything it does. And its ride, handling and V8 engine performance are all totally off the scale. Ford's new EPAS steering is incredible, best ever. They just seem to have gotten everything right on this car! My Mustang was the first Mustang GT convertible sold by my dealer! It was specially ordered by me and took exactly eight weeks, as promised. I took delivery on July 9th.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible in VA is:

$146 per month*