Used 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang. The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang. I was hooked. After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it. Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP. Great bang for the buck!

The lines of the car simply captivated me. Handling is crisp, solid and predictable. An absolute joy to drive. Noise level is quite good, but after four hours can become tiring. Acceleration is awe inspiring. Flooring the accelerator during a freeway merge, the 5.0 never seems to run out of power... it simply keeps pulling through the gears, and easily exceeds any speed limit. The NAV and SYNC systems with Bluetooth connectivity and USB flash drive jukebox are fantastic. Fuel economy is as advertised, but a heavy foot is penalized. The new 5.0 engine is destined to be a classic - the story of the development of the Coyote is a tour de force in modern engineering.

Interior storage space is limited, and more would be most appreciated. The 6 speed manual transmission close ratio gearing and shifter throw lengths are excellent. The linkage/shifting leaves something to be desired, and is usually smooth and effortless, but occasionally becomes difficult to shift. There are many SIG forum posts on this, and AFAIK, there has been no comprehensive cure. It would not prevent me from buying the car again, but the car is so nearly perfect otherwise, it's a shame to have that one glitch.

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used. I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop. It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired. My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine. I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL. Much better bang for the buck.

I love the gas mileage. 23-26 in the city and 30-32 on the highway. Automatic transmission shifts almost unnoticed. Love the changeable lighting on the instrument panel.

Longer seat belts, not all of us are thin toothpicks. I worry about belting in the winter with a heavy coat on. Belts may not fit at all. I had no issues with the Fusion. It feels a bit unstable over bumps, I know that seems to be common with convertibles.

I was surprised!
By regularguynlr

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Ok. First, I'm a Corvette fan. So when my partner bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Convertible Auto; I thought I would not like it but that I would just have to be supportive. But to my surprise. I love this car!! I have a 2005 Vette Convertible and I would much rather take the Mustang on a trip than the Vette! I know. I can't believe it but its the truth. This car is comfortable, fast, will take a curve like nobody's bussiness and looks pretty good doing it too. If your thinking about one, Get it! You won't be sorry, maybe surprised like me.

Ride, comfort, looks, power, navigation and sync system, handling and sound.

Gas mileage sucks! (21 on the highway) Of course you prolly don't buy one of these for the gas mileage. Maybe they could do a fuel management system like GM does.

2011 Mustang
By galonahorse67

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchased a used 2011 Mustang Convertible w/ 22k. Like the look, but extremely unhappy with the quality of some interior parts as well as the Ford 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty. First thing wrong is my 6-way power drivers seat makes a terrible noise and moves very slow to not at all at times and Ford says that because it still works they will not replace it so play with it until it goes out. Has an engine or tranny hesitation, then the radio buttons on the steering wheel have the paint chipping off and the tan convertible top shows the black grease everytime you put it down. I am no kid and am not hard on my baby but very disappointed in the car and Ford.

Love the look of the new 2011 standard dual exhaust. Very classy looking car that gets lots of looks and many comments. Like having the Sync system when it actually works sometimes it can be more frustrating than helpful. Sometimes she understands what I say other days she doesn't get one word right. I speak very clear english so not sure what the problem is there.

Would like to see better Ford service where their bumper to bumper warranty is concerned. Should not have to jump through hoops when there is a problem that you can show to the service tech. Working with a smaller dealership and wonder if some of the issue is them. Can someone please tell me who I can contact to complain about the warranty issues?

Can't wait to drive it everyday with the top down!
By mgsurf

2011 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Been an import guy for 20+ years but decided to "upgrade" to the new Mustang. It's roomier without feeling like a boat, better on gas milage than some imports and built rock solid. Great commuter.

Convertible. Sync system.

Rear end design. Telescoping steering wheel. Extra cigarette lighter on the dash. But this is nit picking.