Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

5 years with my Mustang GT
By Michael

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been alot of fun to own. Biggest negative is the poor gas mileage in town. Highway mileage has been good. Don't make the mistake of trying to modify the car to make it better. Most aftermarket suspension parts only make it look better (lowering springs) but do not significantly improve the ride or handling. Engine has enough power and performance for street use.

Quick little car
By S. Davis

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car 5 years and1 month. For the first 5 years I had perfect service from this car. At 5 years 1 month the traction control came on by itself [on a clear, dry, straight, stretch of road] and cut the fuel and made steering very hard. This is very dangerous, if someone is following you and you lose power it would be easy to get hit from behind. Ford dealership tried to sell me a steering box, even I knew this wasn't the problem. After much research I found this is a common problem that ford has not really addressed. I have taken it to other places that say it could be a sensor or any number of things. I really enjoy the car, and have decided to keep it for awhile longer to see if this happens again. With only 52,000 I don't think it should be giving problems. Overall it's been a good car.

Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang. The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang. I was hooked. After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it. Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP. Great bang for the buck!

The lines of the car simply captivated me. Handling is crisp, solid and predictable. An absolute joy to drive. Noise level is quite good, but after four hours can become tiring. Acceleration is awe inspiring. Flooring the accelerator during a freeway merge, the 5.0 never seems to run out of power... it simply keeps pulling through the gears, and easily exceeds any speed limit. The NAV and SYNC systems with Bluetooth connectivity and USB flash drive jukebox are fantastic. Fuel economy is as advertised, but a heavy foot is penalized. The new 5.0 engine is destined to be a classic - the story of the development of the Coyote is a tour de force in modern engineering.

Interior storage space is limited, and more would be most appreciated. The 6 speed manual transmission close ratio gearing and shifter throw lengths are excellent. The linkage/shifting leaves something to be desired, and is usually smooth and effortless, but occasionally becomes difficult to shift. There are many SIG forum posts on this, and AFAIK, there has been no comprehensive cure. It would not prevent me from buying the car again, but the car is so nearly perfect otherwise, it's a shame to have that one glitch.

One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

HP, adjustable Steering, Overall Feel, Shifter, seats, visibility, cabin room

My Mustang is only 5 months old and I have already had the A/C fixed and new front control arms. Plus it has a hard time going into third gear at times and the remote works when it wants. So it would be nice if Ford improved its build quality.

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Get the V8. Heated Seats are great. Stereo is awesome. Love the california special package! The new V8 "coyote engine" is absolutely beautiful. The ability to change the color of dash and sill plate lighting and accent lights to any color is really cool.

Don't change a thing. You should put this engine in everything ford makes.

• SUV