2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo on 03/22/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang. The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang. I was hooked. After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it. Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP. Great bang for the buck!

One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7 on 07/03/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

Most Awesome Car Ever Built
By surfer69dude on 06/11/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

2011 Mustang Gt California Special automatic trans is the best car I have ever owned and I have been building hotrods for 30 years. I have yet to find anything I dislike about it and I am very picky. Bought it with 12k miles on it and it has a Roush intake and exhaust which I highly recommend. 21mpg in town and consistent 27 highway with a best of 29 on a long trip doing 70-75 mph. Took it to the track and ran 12.80 in the 1/4 mile on street tires with the traction control on. My bet is it would run 12.5 with sticky tires. Wow. Such an incredible designed vehicle.

Just got a 2011 Mustang V6, Great car
By ajhill80 on 11/09/12 09:20 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 2011 Mustang V6. I LOVE the car! I had a 2001 mustang that I have fond memories of, which is why I bought a 2011 so aI could share it with my 16 year old. The 2011 makes the 2001 seem like absolute garbage. This is a great all-around car! For the price, you get great performance. It's only a half second slower than the GT, and I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway. Mine has an automatic, which I opted to get for my daughter. You don't get into much of the power until 3000 rpm, so the auto trans has less than impressive torque feel from a dead stop (perfect for a 16 yr old). If you want to really utilize the 305 hp, go for the manual!

Its an expensive toy
By jenrobsdad on 07/26/12 21:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a convertible and like it, but I feel the price for the V-6 Premium was about $5K too much and I bought it used. I have only had it three weeks and was a victim of a nasty hit and run while I was in a store so it sits in the shop. It will be interesting how it will hold up after being repaired. My girlfrield loves taking it on tight curves so I think this will be more her favorite car than mine. I miss my 2011 Fusion SEL. Much better bang for the buck.

I was surprised!
By regularguynlr on 04/09/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Ok. First, I'm a Corvette fan. So when my partner bought a 2011 Mustang Gt Convertible Auto; I thought I would not like it but that I would just have to be supportive. But to my surprise. I love this car!! I have a 2005 Vette Convertible and I would much rather take the Mustang on a trip than the Vette! I know. I can't believe it but its the truth. This car is comfortable, fast, will take a curve like nobody's bussiness and looks pretty good doing it too. If your thinking about one, Get it! You won't be sorry, maybe surprised like me.

JUST ONE GLARING PROBLEM
By scotsman1965 on 04/08/12 09:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a lot of cars....mostly GM and this beats them hands down.

1st Mustang & we love it !!
By patmiii on 03/03/12 19:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 16 months & can report no problems at all. Tranny has been good. Sure footed & fun to drive. We usually get 30 mph on highway & the expected 20 mph city. That highway mph was a selling point for us and is pretty incredible. We are keeping close watch on the transmission since we have heard of others with problems but we don't take it to high rpms or shift harshly. We did rent an automatic for 1 wk & highly recommend the manual 6sp. Front seats fit my 6 ft frame very well. One funny note: we are in our 50s & quite regularly come across kids who want to race us. Can't do but would like to get in on a track to see what it can really do. Overall we are very pleased.

My First Hotrod
By bughunt on 02/15/12 14:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Loaded (all I didn't get was the glass roof, HID headlights, and gaudy louvers and scoops) with a 3.55 rear diff, I've had this car for just over a year and no complaints. I've never had a "fast car" let alone muscle car before so, performance wise, it's like I'm driving a superhero (well mannered, but capable of things that put - and leave - a smile on your face that stays all day). I've heard a lot of talk on the tranny, but I've had no problems at 6500mi (2nd car and don't drive a lot). Took a pro-driving class and was amazed. She cornered as if on rails as they say. Rated at 16/25mpg City/Hwy, I see 14/22 in WA which puts additives in the gas.

Stang Number Three
By mustangsd on 12/18/11 14:09 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My new 2011 5.0 Mustang Premium is our third Mustang and the best yet. We owned a 1969 and now own a 2008 CS/GT and 2011 5.0. Great car and would highly recommend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$153 per month*