Used 2011 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 2011 California Special GT Automatic
By Gordon

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great , fast 2 seater car! Forget about the rear seats! They are not for any adult riders I know! I drive my Stang for pleasure, there are so many after market upgrades for this particular year, I upgraded my exhaust system from the pypes exhaust with the resonators, to the flow master super 44s with mufflers to quiet him down just a tad! Now he sounds like a true muscle car from the 60s. I also replaced the air filter to a k&n never replace cartridge filter with both changes I gained an additional 12 hp on the dyno! If you keep doing simple changes on your pony like these the HP can really add up! The ride is incredibly fast the z rated tires help keep him planted to the asphalt! My car has no problem with speeds of over 120 mph at any given moment! But I have to obey the law just like everyone else. .... so the track is best for running at those speeds and it is so worth it. I put some super snake stripes on him recently to make him look fast while he is just sitting, the rear window view is not all that great, some people have complained about a vibration noise in the rear of their own stangs, it is the muffler hangers! The vibration from so much power tends to move the silicone around the hangars causing the issue but once you fix this problem with a few more pieces of silicone problem solved. Please note it took myself up to 2 weeks of regular driving to get use to the power at the wheels of this car! I have seen many new comers to the stang world get behind the wheel of the newest version of a Mustang and loose control just because they wanted to show off a bit, but had no idea how much power this automobile actually has. In my overall opinion, if you can find a 2011 California Special GT edition Mustang, buy it you will not be disappointed value for money is there and value for fun is at every turn of the key☆♡☆♡☆♡

5 years with my Mustang GT
By Michael

2011 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been alot of fun to own. Biggest negative is the poor gas mileage in town. Highway mileage has been good. Don't make the mistake of trying to modify the car to make it better. Most aftermarket suspension parts only make it look better (lowering springs) but do not significantly improve the ride or handling. Engine has enough power and performance for street use.

Quick little car
By S. Davis

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car 5 years and1 month. For the first 5 years I had perfect service from this car. At 5 years 1 month the traction control came on by itself [on a clear, dry, straight, stretch of road] and cut the fuel and made steering very hard. This is very dangerous, if someone is following you and you lose power it would be easy to get hit from behind. Ford dealership tried to sell me a steering box, even I knew this wasn't the problem. After much research I found this is a common problem that ford has not really addressed. I have taken it to other places that say it could be a sensor or any number of things. I really enjoy the car, and have decided to keep it for awhile longer to see if this happens again. With only 52,000 I don't think it should be giving problems. Overall it's been a good car.

Great bang for the buck!
By jimmbbo

2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang.
The Dodge was a slug, and the Camaro drove well, but felt excessively claustrophobic, and its lines never "sang" to me as did the 'stang.
I was hooked.

After 25000 miles in my Sterling Gray 5.0 GT with 6 speed manual I still REALLY enjoy driving it.
Every time I get in it after a couple of days away, it's like an eager puppy that wants to go out and romp - with 412 HP.

Great bang for the buck!

The lines of the car simply captivated me. Handling is crisp, solid and predictable. An absolute joy to drive. Noise level is quite good, but after four hours can become tiring. Acceleration is awe inspiring. Flooring the accelerator during a freeway merge, the 5.0 never seems to run out of power... it simply keeps pulling through the gears, and easily exceeds any speed limit. The NAV and SYNC systems with Bluetooth connectivity and USB flash drive jukebox are fantastic. Fuel economy is as advertised, but a heavy foot is penalized. The new 5.0 engine is destined to be a classic - the story of the development of the Coyote is a tour de force in modern engineering.

Interior storage space is limited, and more would be most appreciated. The 6 speed manual transmission close ratio gearing and shifter throw lengths are excellent. The linkage/shifting leaves something to be desired, and is usually smooth and effortless, but occasionally becomes difficult to shift. There are many SIG forum posts on this, and AFAIK, there has been no comprehensive cure. It would not prevent me from buying the car again, but the car is so nearly perfect otherwise, it's a shame to have that one glitch.

One Shocking Mustang
By matsmith7

2011 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned nothing but V8 muscle cars in my life. So when I decided to look at the new V6 Mustang I was confident it would disapoint. However, to my surprise it was fantastic. So great in fact, that I bought one! The car handles great and is a real joy to drive. The steering is just fantastic. I also got the 6 Speed Manual which is great. I have added a few aftermarket things throughout and are now pushing around 350hp at the engine. The car will get to 60 in 5 seconds flat and if im quick enough it will even get in the high 4s to 60. Thats incredible! The car just goes and looks good getting there. I got 32.5 MPG last week with mostly highway driving. Its the first great V6 Mustang ever!

HP, adjustable Steering, Overall Feel, Shifter, seats, visibility, cabin room

My Mustang is only 5 months old and I have already had the A/C fixed and new front control arms. Plus it has a hard time going into third gear at times and the remote works when it wants. So it would be nice if Ford improved its build quality.