Ford's Character Machine is [non-permissible content removed]
By ltdslip on
2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I wanted a Mustang GT since I was 16. I was taking a walk around at my local dealer's lot while my Fusion was being serviced and seen the black on black 5 speed GT. I wasn't planning on buying at the time but with only 10k km (6200 miles) on it and a price tag of half of that of the new 'Stangs I was sold. This is a dream come true. The car feels very solid and sounds great. There is power in every gear and at any rev. Most importantly, the car has character, which is missing from all these new boring cars rolling out. I chose the 10's over the 11's because the 4.6 is tried and true. Also heard about issues with the new 6 speed. Best bang for the buck I ever spent on a car.
Favorite Features
Live rear axle adds character. Powerful & bulletproof 4.6 v8. 3.73 rear axle package. Glass roof. Comfortable seats w/ good quality leather. interior and exterior design. Engine/exhaust sound. Tremec 5 speed manual shifter and clutch are great. Steering is nicely weighted and has good feedback. Tight suspension. Good ride and handling balance. The ladies love it and the real men give you the thumbs up.
Suggested Improvements
Build quality on the 10's isn't 100%: uneven gaps in the rear body panels. Piece of plastic on passenger's arm rest rattles when playing music. Fuel economy is ok given the power but there is room for improvement. The Shaker 500 stereo is not that great. The adrenaline dump after cruising in one all day.
By ltdslip
on 04/04/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

Averaging 19.6 mpg