I absolutely love this car!
By Rob, Long Island, NY on
2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
The new styling is perfect. This car (triple black) gets stares and comments almost every time I drive it. It's comfortable, extremely hot looking, fast, nimble, and the sound from the pipes is music. Build quality is fine, price is reasonable, and I fit my whole family in it. What else can you ask for? I could only rate 'fun to drive' a max of 10, but I would have given it a 15. There are many accessories out there to personalize it and further improve performance so it'll never 'get old'. The premium fuel is worth the extra cost. Glad I didn't wait for the 2011. The 4.6 is plenty powerful and a tried and true performer, while the 5.0 needs a few years of reliability history under its belt.
Favorite Features
Great performance, second to none looks, top shelf interior design, ambient interior lighting, Synch, excellent seats. Top folds very well. 5 Speed manual is smooth and has a perfect throw. The exhaust note is outstanding. 3.33 rear lets engine turn about 2000 rpm at 70 mph.
Suggested Improvements
Premium interior should have basics like locking glove box, glove box light, vanity mirror lights, rear floor mats etc. While reasonably priced it is by no means cheap, and these kind of omissions are uncalled for. Black pebble plastic body molding all around is cheap and makes it very hard to wax.