Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sweet Ride
By Txjetmech

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drove 150 miles to find this car. From the moment I drove it I loved it. Could not make a deal the first trip but on November 30 the dealership got what I wanted. I love the heated seats and power driver and passenger front seats. Lots of power as I zoomed past my buddy in his 94 corvette. Love the sync and the sat radio. The interior is beautiful. The handling is great

Favorite Features

The HID headlights are wonderful for lighting your pathway at night. The 5 speed Automatic is great for the wife.

Suggested Improvements

Premium GT's should have auto climate control

Off the HOOK!!!
By Dave in Buffalo

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fantastic machine! I have been a Ford fan for a while now, and have been patiently waiting for my chance to buy a Mustang; I am NOT dissapointed. Oh - and do not listen to the folks that say to wait for the '11s - this car has more power than a normal human being requires on today's roads!!! The car handles extremely well, and the five-speed is a dream to operate. Ford has also executed the redesigned and upgraded interior in such a way as to put most 'luxury cars' to shame! I liked the new 2005 Mustang, but this car is off the charts in execution, fun, and excitement. Heads are turning wherever I go - a very cool feeling. Rock on, Ford!!!

Favorite Features

Engine sound, red leather interior, Ford SYNC, GPS system, glass roof...

Suggested Improvements

A 'Ford Sync for Dummies' manual, so it is easier to program the onboard computer!!!

Outstanding Vehicle
By Geiger's Kona's GT

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After purchasing my GT, i have to say is WOW!!!!!. My wife originally wanted the car but after driving on the Autobahn in Germany. I just have to say WOW. The car is very powerful from what i remembered back in the early 90's and the throaty exhaust sound is earth shattering. Every where we drive in it, the stares and the mouths dropping on the pavements is awesome. Also, i am learning more and more what this car can do everyday as well. My GT is also Kona Blue but has with it a white racing stripe. In my opinion, Ford has done a magnificent job from the days of the 90's when they produced not so good vehicles. My hat is off to the guys in the oval blue company. Job well done.

Favorite Features

Performance, nimble steering, the exciting throaty exhaust at take-off, Comfortable leather seating along with the heated seats and outstanding stereo system

Suggested Improvements

Make the A/C system automatic. Also make the owner's manual a little easier to understand.

Great vehicle!!!!!
By KonaGT

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I set out to get a fuel efficient vehicle along the line of a Malibu or Fusion. My wife thought we should get something more FUN. I had settled on the 6 cylinder Mustang and she talked me into the GT. Th day after I got it I traveled to Toronto which was about 500 miles round trip. Driving it at about 72mph the whole way, I averaged about 28mpg. Not bad!!! The car is great. It is very comfortable. The power is great. The SYNC is awesome. I am learning more and more everyday of its capabilities. I got the GT Premium with a 5 spd manual. The color is Kona Blue. The car gets looks everywhere and I cannot get gas without someone asking me about it. Great car. Great Value!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. Excellent Power. Throaty exhaust note when you want to hear it but subtle at highway speed. Sex appeal. Impressive fuel economy for a V8. The SYNC is amazing. I like changing the interior colors at will.

Suggested Improvements

I would really like to have a programmable garage door opener.

Don't even miss my BMW 335i Twin Turbo
By Trent

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Black on Black GT premium coupe, automatic, 19 inch wheels, comfort package with heated seats. I am very impressed with this car and after coming out of a BMW that is saying a lot. I feel proud to be supporting an American Company and especially when they are building cars like this. The engine sound is intoxicating. The overall feel behind the wheel will take you back to your more youthful self. I am 6'5" and a big guy and I have no problems fitting in the car comfortably. Everyone wants to compare this car to the Camaro but have you sat in one? They should be ashamed to make such an ugly interior plus Ford did not take any bail out money! I now own 2 2010 Fords and love the direction.

Favorite Features

The engine, the sound of the engine, the interior and the cool factor. Ford nailed the styling dead on and I did not want the HIDs because the older style light looks much cooler to my eyes. I never got the attention this car gets when I had my BMW. The torque will pull you out of your seat.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs better brakes or a Brembo option. Home link should be in every car? The rear end is nervous over poor roads? Stereo sound could be better. The power moves seat closer and back but you need to manually adjust lean angle? Front hood needs shocks to hold open not older style stick.