Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I wish it were true
By Imreallyunhappy

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2010 GT Premium started life being scratched by the dealer before I got it. That took 5 days in total to fix. It now has less than 800 miles on it and it's been back in the shop twice. This last time, it's been two weeks. The problem was a major rattle coming from inside the dash. Only solution was for dealer to replace dash. Nearly two weeks and the dealer is waiting for the new dash to arrive from Ford. By the time I get it back I'm sure the new car smell that it had will have been replaced by the smells usually found in a service department. I wish I'd bought something else.

Favorite Features

While I had it I loved its acceleration. It didn't handle as well as my 300ZX that I parted with, but it was very close. But, the thrill of the V8 and its performance. Nothing comes close. And, it looked fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Build them better. To have to replace a dash after only 750 miles has to have wiped out all the profit Ford made on the car. The dealer has provided me with a rental, so I have something to drive - a Focus. I bought it 9 weeks ago and it's been in the shop for 3 of them.

Better seats and move the cupholders...
By Matt

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned seven Mustangs over the years, from all but the first generation. This is by far my favorite. Everything about the car is outstanding except how well the seat holds me in place when accelerating through corners, and the location of the cup holders directly behind the shifter with the manual trans. Other than that Ford has fixed every single complaint I've ever had about any of the other Mustangs I've owned over the years, an amazing car, Ford's best yet.

Favorite Features

The traction control system. I've hated every traction control system I've ever driven with until this one, I usually turn them off. This one, however, drives with the driver instead of trying to override in most cases!

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holders somehow to the right for manual trans cars and put better seats in it. (The only category in which my old fox-body Mustangs were better was the seats, I miss the lumbar support.)

2010 GT Black on Black
By Ted DeMirjyn

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is awesome, there is not much more I can say. It is fast and gets reasonable highway mileage around 24- 25. It fun to drive and the Mustang always gets admiring looks. I have just over 7k of totally trouble free miles so far. I have owned more than 30 new cars in the last 40 years and this one is by far my favorite and it may even stay in my garage for more than my average of 24 months.

Favorite Features

Exhaust sound, booming radio, overall look, performance, manual transmission is smooth as silk and impossible to miss a shift.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to improve on perfection. Wish I had heated seats for my GF though.

2010 Kona Blue GT
By Andy

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Car runs perfectly, great options. Build quality is flawless. A/C required recharging at 1000 miles due to loose fitting, now works 100%. Fit & finish excellent. Car is extremely quiet.

Favorite Features

Sync system and back up camera are my two favorites.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more power & louder exhaust note.

I'm a Chevy guy
By Potter

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm a hard core Chevy guy and have been waiting for the right time to buy a new Camaro. I've driven both the V6 and the V8 Camaro but something left me wanting and all the used Camaros on the dealer lots worried me. Out of curiosity I test drove the Mustang 2011 V6 and the current GT. The GT won hands down, it was pure love at first sight. The interior design was fantastic, the gadgets are cool, it's easier to drive and it's just an all out blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Wow, the body lines are wonderful, interior is nicely done, nothing "cheap" about it. Stereo is great and the interior lights that can be color customized are too cool. The exhaust note is really sweet.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions yet.