Used 2010 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not my father's 66' Mustang Coupe..
By wilcox

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It's motor (4.6) is smaller than dads old 289 cu in. with the 2 bbl carburetor. And it's an electric Grabber Blue color w/black cloth top - which always looks better when not sitting on a car lot. I keep it garaged and only drive it on nice days. Loads of looks and compliments on the street. It's actually an automatic (not offered in Model review selection info by Edmunds) and it works perfectly for a vehicle made in summer of 2009. Wife gave it to me as a 25th anniversary present. It surprising how nice this vehicle is, and the sound it makes is just right. No tickets, and drive it with traction control activated. An ounce of Image is worth a pound of performance.

Premium GT, 4.6 mill, Automatic transmission, black cloth top, and Grabber Blue kicks rear when clean and waxed properly. It handles great. Shaker sound system is okay for this kind of car.

I've installed hood lifters because the prop bar method takes away form looks and it's more convenient to lift and close. I ain't big on using navigation system (on any of our vehicles) but it looks nice...gives information, and no problems.

First Mustang and First Convertible!
By briannabest90

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a convertible, and could never find one I really liked. I recently started test driving the Pontiac G6, and Chrysler Sebring; they could not even compare to how the mustang convertible drove. I love my car (black body, black top, and black interior). It is so sleek looking, and when I drive by with the top down people just stop and stare. Super fun car to drive, and I fit my friends in there perfectly. Definitely recommend!

Favorite feature in this car would have to be the steering wheel controls. Love them.

Gas mileage (if that was at all possible). Everything else is perfect.

Ford's Character Machine is [non-permissible content removed]
By ltdslip

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a Mustang GT since I was 16. I was taking a walk around at my local dealer's lot while my Fusion was being serviced and seen the black on black 5 speed GT. I wasn't planning on buying at the time but with only 10k km (6200 miles) on it and a price tag of half of that of the new 'Stangs I was sold. This is a dream come true. The car feels very solid and sounds great. There is power in every gear and at any rev. Most importantly, the car has character, which is missing from all these new boring cars rolling out. I chose the 10's over the 11's because the 4.6 is tried and true. Also heard about issues with the new 6 speed. Best bang for the buck I ever spent on a car.

Live rear axle adds character. Powerful & bulletproof 4.6 v8. 3.73 rear axle package. Glass roof. Comfortable seats w/ good quality leather. interior and exterior design. Engine/exhaust sound. Tremec 5 speed manual shifter and clutch are great. Steering is nicely weighted and has good feedback. Tight suspension. Good ride and handling balance. The ladies love it and the real men give you the thumbs up.

Build quality on the 10's isn't 100%: uneven gaps in the rear body panels. Piece of plastic on passenger's arm rest rattles when playing music. Fuel economy is ok given the power but there is room for improvement. The Shaker 500 stereo is not that great. The adrenaline dump after cruising in one all day.

Awesome Car
By dave347

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a leftover 2010 and got a grreat deal. The red candy metallic looks great with white stripes. This car is loaded and drives fantastically. On a recent drive (mostly highway driving) I was getting 26 miles to the gallon. I haven't found a thing to complain about yet. This is my 4th Stang and they just keep getting better.

Electronics package with navigation and screen

None so far

Way Better Than a Camaro...
By Quik GT

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All I can say is WOW! I had a 2010 Camaro RS for about 450 miles before realizing I'd made a mistake. I saw my Grabber Blue GT sitting on the lot at a huge discount and that's all she wrote. This is my first new Ford out of 76 cars in my life. I really love the way it drives and handles. I can only imagine what the 5.0 GT must be like. I'll be fine with my tried and true 4.6 for now, but who knows down the road...

Great stereo; custom color ambient lighting; exhaust note and engine sound; "tuck-and-roll" leather on the seats; the color!

telescopic steering wheel; buttons for SYNC-sometimes it doesn't recognize voice commands;

• SUV