2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Very good car
By Bruce on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car was used but only had 5000 miles on it when I bought it. It may just be a V6 but it has all the power you need. I love the way it handles and it makes the drive to work something I look forward to every day. On a highway trip it went 351 miles on 12 gallons of gas so I am happy with the mpg. I like this car so much I have just bought a used 2010 V6 Premium for my wife and she loves it, now i get to drive mine.

2010 Ford Mustang V6
By theelcaminoman on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang in April and it by far surpassed my expectations! I am 18 years old and this is one of the best purchases iv ever made. Everyone disses the V6 pony saying its a dog; I would argue til I'm blue in the face. I have outran V8s in my Mustang and the acceleration would make you think its a V8. Performance is good but what about handling? Its a rough riding car. I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I like it. I like feeling every bump in the road and knowing the terrain i'm on. But since its bumpy as crud, it turns like a sports car. I can take 40 mph turns at 75. Kinda scary but she'll take it! The outside looks somewhat retro but pretty cool. It's the inside that gets me. My color!

Good Mustang
By Richard on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got it as my company car, so I couldn't choose the premium version. The basic version lacks a lot of equipment and interior design of the premium and GT, so definitely get the more equipped versions. To my surprise, the 4.0 is actually a pretty good engine for a daily driver, the engine has very good torque for off the line acceleration and it almost sounds like a V8. Exterior Design is subjective but I honestly love it, unmistakably a Mustang. Ride is a little rough over harsh roads and the back end is a bit jumpy, but hey it´s a mustang and all of them are like that.

Back to Domestics after 20 years
By rexrcr on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First domestic I've owned in 20 years, love it! Build quality is superior, paint rivals any other mfg in the world! I have a base model with one option: 3.73 axle upgrade. Very comfortable, love the engine sound tube into the interior, good economy considering 315 HP. I do lots of track days and it's very well balanced but quite underdamped, needs more shock damping. I've driven the "Track Pak" suspension on-track and it's worth the money, much better body control during cornering. Only other complaint is the seat, not supportive for sporty driving and the lower cushion gets uncomfortable after 2 hours.

V6 Has Plenty of "Go"
By Ellen on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this 2010 model (black on black) "used" with 16,000 miles on it for my 17 year old, and got a great deal. The interior fit and finish is a huge improvement over older models. I was a bit worried about the V6 but it's got plenty of zip, and I didn't want a V8 for a teenager. The SYNC system is awesome and allows easy hands free cell phone use, but the best feature of all is the glass roof! It is gorgeous. This car turns heads and handles very well. I may have to borrow it from her more often.

What a car!
By Dusty on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Run, don't walk to your Ford Dealer! This car ROCKS! I love this car! I have owned many muscle cars over the years and loved them all however this one is not only muscle cool but it is very modern cool!

I wish it were true
By Imreallyunhappy on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2010 GT Premium started life being scratched by the dealer before I got it. That took 5 days in total to fix. It now has less than 800 miles on it and it's been back in the shop twice. This last time, it's been two weeks. The problem was a major rattle coming from inside the dash. Only solution was for dealer to replace dash. Nearly two weeks and the dealer is waiting for the new dash to arrive from Ford. By the time I get it back I'm sure the new car smell that it had will have been replaced by the smells usually found in a service department. I wish I'd bought something else.

This is the Car iv'e been looking for
By Rickey on 09/04/10 18:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This the best car i have ever owned. It is black on black and I love to drive it. I have never gotten so many complements on a car before. when I put the top down people just stop and stare. I test drove a lot of convertibles before my wife suggested the Mustang it was the last one I test drove, got it that same day. Did I say I love driving it. I have become a Mustang Man.

Better seats and move the cupholders...
By Matt on 09/02/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned seven Mustangs over the years, from all but the first generation. This is by far my favorite. Everything about the car is outstanding except how well the seat holds me in place when accelerating through corners, and the location of the cup holders directly behind the shifter with the manual trans. Other than that Ford has fixed every single complaint I've ever had about any of the other Mustangs I've owned over the years, an amazing car, Ford's best yet.

I absolutely love this car!
By Rob, Long Island, NY on 08/30/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The new styling is perfect. This car (triple black) gets stares and comments almost every time I drive it. It's comfortable, extremely hot looking, fast, nimble, and the sound from the pipes is music. Build quality is fine, price is reasonable, and I fit my whole family in it. What else can you ask for? I could only rate 'fun to drive' a max of 10, but I would have given it a 15. There are many accessories out there to personalize it and further improve performance so it'll never 'get old'. The premium fuel is worth the extra cost. Glad I didn't wait for the 2011. The 4.6 is plenty powerful and a tried and true performer, while the 5.0 needs a few years of reliability history under its belt.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$141 per month*