Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Perfected Pony 2005 to 2010 GT Series
By All American Muscle

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First let me say, that if you own a 2005 to 2009 Mustang GT you own something truly unique. I had a 2006 GT and a 2008 GT and in a way I wish I still had my 2006. Here is why: the look, feel, sound, gauges, dash, air conditioning registers on these years were retro and perfect and will never be duplicated again. Now about the 2010 GT, why would I buy a 2010 GT instead of a 2011? Proven and Perfect Motor, Proven and Perfect 5 speed, Proven and perfect steering, you can use 87 octane, the car is too fast and too quick for 95% of urban driving. What you have here is the perfected article. The safest, most reliable, most proven design to date. If you want the quickest get the 2011 5.0

Hepa filtration with instant cold a/c makes the car a clean breathing habitat. ZR rated tires are awesome, base stereo is great, Kona Blue paint is so unique, so cool. Stainless exhaust is perfectly tuned, perfectly set up."Cold Air Intake" works, regardless whether air is really colder or not.

Noise is absent. Ford made the 2010 too quiet and then designed this funky sound tube to get the sound back. So the suggestion is simple:an insulation delete package for guys and gals who like muscle cars that sound like muscle not like luxury. Rear end axle options for automatics 3:73. Std lumbar

Back to Domestics after 20 years
By rexrcr

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First domestic I've owned in 20 years, love it! Build quality is superior, paint rivals any other mfg in the world! I have a base model with one option: 3.73 axle upgrade. Very comfortable, love the engine sound tube into the interior, good economy considering 315 HP. I do lots of track days and it's very well balanced but quite underdamped, needs more shock damping. I've driven the "Track Pak" suspension on-track and it's worth the money, much better body control during cornering. Only other complaint is the seat, not supportive for sporty driving and the lower cushion gets uncomfortable after 2 hours.

Favorites: excellent balance on the track, very little understeer (but needs better damping in the shocks), great power, solid brakes, first Mustang with Stability Control (great safety feature) and can be turned completely off for track driving. Love the styling, capless fuel filler, very quite too

Better shocks on base car's suspension! Make "Track Pak" standard! Better seats, more comfort and lateral support!

Step In The Right Direction
By Vxer1000

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

20 years since my '86LX 5.0. Just bought a 2010 GT. This is a huge improvement with solid handling, strong and flexible V8 with a fantastic sound. I ordered 3.73 gears with a manual trans which do not disappoint. I knew mileage would suffer, but I like the extra push in the back. Interior is very nice with a clean layout and comfortable seats. Very quiet and composed in normal driving. It's not a sports car and not an all out drag car(though it's plenty quick), but it is the original pony car, the best iteration to date, and the most enjoyable car I've driven under $30k.

Manual trans is the best I've used to date. Good solid engagement. Engine had serious pull and is music to my ears. Ride quality and handling is perhaps one of the best compromises I've encountered in a daily driver. Styling upgrades on body panels are beautiful and made my friends smile.

More torque, better mileage, push the dash forward a bit a shrink the center console to open up the cabin, improve steering feel. Loose 250lbs. Ford, make your own brakes. I know you can match Brembos performance if you put your mind to it. Smaller steering wheel.

I love it
By Jan

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In 26 years of driving and owning fast car but never a Ford that has been a mistake. I love my new ride, it came with the Track package. Makes the ride a bid bumpy but the handling is great, very direct and sporty with the perfect engine power and great sound. In relation to the bucks paid for it could not wish for more. Real aluminum interior and nice leather seats, short shift stick, great car

Sync, Multi Color display with changeable colors, track package makes it a real sports car

It is just perfect as it is

2010 Mustang GT with 3.73 rear axle pack
By Joseph

2010 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got the GT (not Premium) with 3.73 rear axle package which came with better brakes and sportier stability programming. My 08 335i was repurched by BMW due to repetitive faulty high pressure fuel pump. So got a Stang to ride out the economy. The engine's power, torque, and sound are more fun than a 335's. Handling is shameful however..very loose and bouncy front to back and side to side. I find it necessary to spend $2k extra to upgrade the supension from 2005-FR3 package..which lowers the car and tighens things up. I hope that helps. Steering feel is light and dead numb unfortunately. Steering wheel is also to big.. Still, Engine makes up alot..Very Fun Car!

Engine note, torque. It looks very nice too. Wheels spin on command with ease.

Dangerously Loose Handling if you try to push the car even moderately. Steering feel diminishes confidence further. Radio and speakers stink..and the Shaker upgrades stink too.