Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Comfortable Muscle
By THOMAS MELLEMA

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The 2010 Mustang GT Premium is every bit a high quality muscle car that I expected it to be. What it didn't expect is it has also been our favorite car to take trips across the country. This car rides very comfortably and after hours on the road my back and legs are still fresh and not sore at all. The exhaust sound is a muffled roar on the inside which I like because it's not too loud, but at the same time it's rather loud if you standing near it while it drives by. I like this too because others instantly know it's a muscle car but I don't have to shout to talk to passengers. This car runs very smooth and has never given us any issues in 54,000 miles. The 5-speed manual is lots of fun and the only thing that's not perfect on this car as sometimes the shifter will get a little sticky between 2nd and 3rd gear. Other than that excellent car all around. By the way I get 24.5 MPG on long highway trips.

Mustang
By Mustang

My sweet GT
By Jim

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 years now, still love everything about her. Fun to drive, flawless performance, and a head turner.

Awesome CAR!
By dsande

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive had 3 Mustangs a 1993,2006 and my current 2010 Mustang Gt awesome Car.Its Better than the 2006 all the way.Bought both of them used had the 2006 for about 11months then found the 2010 Mustang Gt 4.6liter in Kona Blue,favorite color.I thought the 2006 was good the 2010 Mustang is Great handles better and it even has the track pack,heated seats and 19'wheels.I get stares at all the people who wished they had one.This car overall handles better drives quiet and if your use to a sports car ride ,its Allright with me.No kids in the back seats to mess up the leather and I keep the music Crankin.Allways wanted a Mustang since I was a kid Im on my 3rd one,this is the only car I'll drive FORD #1

Favorite features are the Heated seats and SYNC.Thats why I traded in my 2006 for the 2010 because of the heated seats,and when I found out about the SYNC,,that was it.I can take a corner really well in this baby..reminds me of the 1967 Mustang,everyone thinks its a hatchback..

cup holders are in a odd place when driving the manual,but I deal with it,,mayb a usb hook plug in the back seat..Overall The Mustang is the only car I'll ever keep driving..cause Im the only driver of it..single and Free..Like the MUSTANG!

Ford's Character Machine is [non-permissible content removed]
By ltdslip

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a Mustang GT since I was 16. I was taking a walk around at my local dealer's lot while my Fusion was being serviced and seen the black on black 5 speed GT. I wasn't planning on buying at the time but with only 10k km (6200 miles) on it and a price tag of half of that of the new 'Stangs I was sold. This is a dream come true. The car feels very solid and sounds great. There is power in every gear and at any rev. Most importantly, the car has character, which is missing from all these new boring cars rolling out. I chose the 10's over the 11's because the 4.6 is tried and true. Also heard about issues with the new 6 speed. Best bang for the buck I ever spent on a car.

Live rear axle adds character. Powerful & bulletproof 4.6 v8. 3.73 rear axle package. Glass roof. Comfortable seats w/ good quality leather. interior and exterior design. Engine/exhaust sound. Tremec 5 speed manual shifter and clutch are great. Steering is nicely weighted and has good feedback. Tight suspension. Good ride and handling balance. The ladies love it and the real men give you the thumbs up.

Build quality on the 10's isn't 100%: uneven gaps in the rear body panels. Piece of plastic on passenger's arm rest rattles when playing music. Fuel economy is ok given the power but there is room for improvement. The Shaker 500 stereo is not that great. The adrenaline dump after cruising in one all day.