2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Perfected Pony 2005 to 2010 GT Series
By All American Muscle on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First let me say, that if you own a 2005 to 2009 Mustang GT you own something truly unique. I had a 2006 GT and a 2008 GT and in a way I wish I still had my 2006. Here is why: the look, feel, sound, gauges, dash, air conditioning registers on these years were retro and perfect and will never be duplicated again. Now about the 2010 GT, why would I buy a 2010 GT instead of a 2011? Proven and Perfect Motor, Proven and Perfect 5 speed, Proven and perfect steering, you can use 87 octane, the car is too fast and too quick for 95% of urban driving. What you have here is the perfected article. The safest, most reliable, most proven design to date. If you want the quickest get the 2011 5.0

Back to Domestics after 20 years
By rexrcr on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First domestic I've owned in 20 years, love it! Build quality is superior, paint rivals any other mfg in the world! I have a base model with one option: 3.73 axle upgrade. Very comfortable, love the engine sound tube into the interior, good economy considering 315 HP. I do lots of track days and it's very well balanced but quite underdamped, needs more shock damping. I've driven the "Track Pak" suspension on-track and it's worth the money, much better body control during cornering. Only other complaint is the seat, not supportive for sporty driving and the lower cushion gets uncomfortable after 2 hours.

Step In The Right Direction
By Vxer1000 on 06/15/10 21:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

20 years since my '86LX 5.0. Just bought a 2010 GT. This is a huge improvement with solid handling, strong and flexible V8 with a fantastic sound. I ordered 3.73 gears with a manual trans which do not disappoint. I knew mileage would suffer, but I like the extra push in the back. Interior is very nice with a clean layout and comfortable seats. Very quiet and composed in normal driving. It's not a sports car and not an all out drag car(though it's plenty quick), but it is the original pony car, the best iteration to date, and the most enjoyable car I've driven under $30k.

I love it
By Jan on 02/28/10 18:12 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

In 26 years of driving and owning fast car but never a Ford that has been a mistake. I love my new ride, it came with the Track package. Makes the ride a bid bumpy but the handling is great, very direct and sporty with the perfect engine power and great sound. In relation to the bucks paid for it could not wish for more. Real aluminum interior and nice leather seats, short shift stick, great car

2010 Mustang GT with 3.73 rear axle pack
By Joseph on 09/17/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got the GT (not Premium) with 3.73 rear axle package which came with better brakes and sportier stability programming. My 08 335i was repurched by BMW due to repetitive faulty high pressure fuel pump. So got a Stang to ride out the economy. The engine's power, torque, and sound are more fun than a 335's. Handling is shameful however..very loose and bouncy front to back and side to side. I find it necessary to spend $2k extra to upgrade the supension from 2005-FR3 package..which lowers the car and tighens things up. I hope that helps. Steering feel is light and dead numb unfortunately. Steering wheel is also to big.. Still, Engine makes up alot..Very Fun Car!

Long time Honda buyer goes with a GT
By Jim B on 08/16/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first Ford product I have owned in 20 years and I have to say that Ford has made serious progress. I have casually considered GT Mustangs for the past 10 years - I wanted that V- 8 engine - but was put off by many things. Among other things, the poor quality and ergonomics of the interior, the cheap black side mirrors, and rather bland handling. But I guess Ford finally listened to Consumer Reports. The interior is 200% improved over previous models and they finally put body-colored side mirrors on the car. The handling, however, is what really shocked me. It is on par with my Acura TL. The engine, of course, is what this car is about. It will not disappoint.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$152 per month*