2010 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Average car, Average price: It's a Ford.
By blake0605 on 01/21/13 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 2010 Mustang V6 Automatic about 6 months ago, used, from a Ford dealer. The best part of this car is the looks, it's a very pretty car, and the interior has a nice look (though lacking in quality). The power is lacking. It drives and handles like a Toyota Camry; not what you would expect. This V6 is just a family sedan on a sports car platform, for a little over 20 grand, THAT is why the mustang is desirable. If you want overwhelming power or speed, then get the GT, the 'real' mustang. Long story short, I'd prefer a 2007 C230 over this, but, the Mustang is a nice vehicle.

Very good car
By Bruce on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car was used but only had 5000 miles on it when I bought it. It may just be a V6 but it has all the power you need. I love the way it handles and it makes the drive to work something I look forward to every day. On a highway trip it went 351 miles on 12 gallons of gas so I am happy with the mpg. I like this car so much I have just bought a used 2010 V6 Premium for my wife and she loves it, now i get to drive mine.

Good Mustang
By Richard on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got it as my company car, so I couldn't choose the premium version. The basic version lacks a lot of equipment and interior design of the premium and GT, so definitely get the more equipped versions. To my surprise, the 4.0 is actually a pretty good engine for a daily driver, the engine has very good torque for off the line acceleration and it almost sounds like a V8. Exterior Design is subjective but I honestly love it, unmistakably a Mustang. Ride is a little rough over harsh roads and the back end is a bit jumpy, but hey its a mustang and all of them are like that.

Smooth
By cali cal on 07/27/10 18:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Use to own 1989 5.0 love the car but too many races, and got older, had to give it up, but now more mature I love the 2010 model, could have a little more power boost but hey still can beat all at light. Handles well, but when going over bumps at high rate of speed, can be a little touchy, need to give buyers back seat floor mats, and lights on visor, and glove box. 5 speed a little stiff, but can live with it, wife wants to drive, that's why I got the 5 speed, only will use for summer, put up for winter

Exterior & Handling great
By Roger on 07/25/10 06:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was shopping for Lexus & Lincoln. I owned three Lincoln Mark V111. They do not make coups anymore. Lexus Toyota still has stigma of accelerator problems. Mustang is fun to drive. I may have to sacrifice Suspension comfort of Lexus E350. But Lexus looks are not appealing.You may want to improve interior & quality of trunk carpet.

Best bang for the buck!
By Rich on 06/26/10 23:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car was not even on my list when I set out shopping. But after incentives it was almost half price of anything else I was looking at. I really like the dash, sequential turn signals, the retro look, and the lack of a fuel cap. It's fun to drive the mileage is decent and varies according to how you drive it. as low as 18 and as high as 23. No long open freeway driving yet. For a sports car it is comfortable and very stable on the road it corners very well. The ride is stiff but still refined. I'm surprised and pleased with this car!

Wheel well covers rattle!
By Deb on 06/02/10 14:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my grabber blue mustang. The only issue I have with the car is the rattling noise coming from the wheel well covers. My dealership let me take out a few 2010 models like mine and they do the same thing. A review was sent into the Ford Co. Other then that I have no issues on wet pavement or massive puddles here in FL.

Safe solid sane sporty sexy
By All American Muscle on 04/16/10 23:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dear car magazines: the next time you compare any car to the 2010 mustang v6 set the following standards 1) hepa filtration air conditioning 2) five star safety rating on all tests 3) zero to sixty in less than 7 seconds 4) a car the gets looks, thumbs up, and compliments every single day you drive it. Guess how many cars will show to the comparo. The one the only the mustang if you want to take a $23,000 car to enter into a nascar race, or 150 mph at the track, or drag it. Of course forget the v6, but if you want the coolest, safest, tightest, heavy duty, reliable, union and American made muscle car with a 45 year track record buy the mustang v6. No blind spots, no gas cap, no worries.

Mixed bag
By alex on 03/26/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Having put 9K on the car, here is what Ive come away with so far: The 6 cyl is solid and steady, but feels lethargic at times. The engine response is reminiscent of a pickup truck, and even the manual tranny does little to remedy this. Doing 80 on the freeway in a straight line, the car feels planted to the pavement, but if you hit any sort of uneven surface while turning above 30 mph, the experience is unsettling for both the car and driver. If the pavement is anything but bone dry, the Stang needs skill and a steady hand. With the V8 and the suspension you get, the GT is certainly worth the extra few K.

Base Mustang
By Kona Blue on 09/18/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Getting 20mpg driving in Northern VA traffic. HWY MPG GREAT - 435 miles on 14 gallons = 30mpg with ac on. FRPP Exhaust installed. Handling is still a little loose, looking at upgraded shocks and brakes.I got mine for just under 20k, 7k less than the GT. The V8 would be a nice option in the base. V6 has a lot of potential - look at the Shelby Terlingua V6 mustang. V6 insurance rates are great - less to insure than my old 2007 Rabbit

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Mustang in VA is:

$141 per month*